Corporate 1-2-3 Column Broken 1 Column is the issue

I just upgraded to the latest version of the Corporate Theme and the "Choose your member page layout settings" is set to "One Column". However, now when I go to view the members, Groups, or Blogs Listing pages, it is asking me to add widgets. When I go add a widget there is no place for me to add the "Member Right Widget".

One column only works when you are viewing the Group or member profile. It is still a two column layout calling for the Member Right Widget when viewing a listing of groups, members, or blogs. It should not have the widget column on any of these pages when set to one column.

I hope this makes sense and can be fixed. I really like this theme.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi kennibc,

I'm seeing something strangely similar in a test site, where there are member-left and member-right widget areas, though widgets don't appear to work properly when added to them.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll mention this to the developers.

Thanks,
    David

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi
    the option only effect the member layout like username's profile,friends...all inner profiles component and not the BuddyPress Directory like MEMBER,GROUP or ACTIVITY so it wasn't broken:slight_smile:

you can however apply them by opening bp-corporate/header.php line 39 edit this

<?php if( !bp_is_blog_page() && bp_current_component() && !bp_is_directory() ) { ?>

to

<?php if( !bp_is_blog_page() && bp_current_component() && bp_is_directory() ) { ?>

cheers

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank You Richie_KS! That did the trick.
    However, I do feel it is broken because even if it is left with that sidebar, under the widget page there is no corresponding area to drop widgets into with one-column selected. Therefore you cannot add widgets even if you wanted the sidebar on the Member Group or Activity Directory pages.

At least on my setup that was the case.

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

Actually your fix just reversed the issue. Here are some screen captures that show what is going on without making the change you recommend above. Your change above just makes the widget column appear on the member or group pages and not on the directory.

Below you will see I have a Group Directory screenshot, Group Page, and my Widget page. There is no area to drop widgets into for "Member Right" as indicated on the group directory page.

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

I am still having the issue of this random unusable Widget bar when using the One Column Setting. As you can see above it places a column on the front end and on the backend widget page there is no place to add widgets. Groups and Profiles show up on column. This worked all the way up to 1.3.4. After that it broke in 1.3.5 and above as far as I can tell.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Guys,
    Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.