corporate theme - changing the "Join Us Now" (/register) url

The url for the "Join Us Now" link goes to /register by default.

I need this to be a log in link rather than a register link (all my users are pre-registered).

I changed the text of the link via Appearance > Theme Options, to "Log in".

What is the best way to change the url destination. I want it to go to /wp-admin, or something similar.

I'd like to implement the change in a way that does not involve modifying the core theme files if possible.

• Tammie

@bbailey: Hi and welcome to WPMU DEV. This is going to take a little coding to change the link. I'd first recommend you do this in the child theme to make sure your changes do not get over-written on updates. You can find out more about parent and child themes right here.

http://buddydress.com/2010/05/parent-and-child-themes-explored/

In call-signup.php you will see this:

<?php if ( !is_user_logged_in() ) { ?>
    <div class="bpc-button">
    <?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?> <a>/register"><?php } else { ?></a><a>/wp-login.php?action=register"><?php } ?>
    <?php>
    if($tn_buddycorp_call_signup_button_text == ''){ ?>
    <?php _e('Join Us Here'); ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php echo stripslashes($tn_buddycorp_call_signup_button_text); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    </a>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

You should be able to change your location there:

<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?> <a>/register"><?php } else { ?></a><a>/wp-login.php?action=register"><?php } ?></a>

Up to you if keep the BuddyPress check or not with your new link.

• bbailey

The child theme changes are not working for me in call-signup.php.

I have the parent and child themes installed, and only the child activated.
    I copied call-signup.php to the child theme root and made changes, but do not see them being applied.
    I copied over header.php as a test and changes I make to the child copy of that file I do see on-screen.

Is there something additional I need to do to get changes in the child call-signup.php to be applied?

• Tammie

@bbbailey: Ah sorry forgot that Corporate has some fixes it should have for update allowing easier child and parent themeing. The issue is this:

<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/call-signup.php'); ?>

That's in header.php.

You have to either change that to:

<?php locate_template( array( '/call-signup.php' ), true ); ?>

Or you can wait until an update and for now just edit the parent file.

I will flag the person working on the update for this theme so they can make sure this gets caught in the update.