Costuming the homepage

Hi. I improved my site's Homepage design using Ether Builder plugin, with it I selected many components and made a single page my default home. This way I lost the Feature Wrapper and the footer. How can I get them back? Even if they have to appear in every single page. But if you guys suggest me other option to use this components at the homepage (I can add this builder function at any page or post) without the need to use a static page, I will really appreciate it. I think this way slow down a bit and I'm having trouble to remove the comment box. Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

I'm not incredibly familiar with that plugin :slight_frown:

I don't really know how it works....if it creates a page template then perhaps we can move the feature wrapper and footer code to the template :slight_smile:

If not, I'm not quite sure what to do from there. I would need more explanation and a visual example of what you have done and what you are wanting.

Best,

Kimberly

• ingridlima
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I send were a screenshot of the page I defined as my homepage. As you can see is something I built using all this widgets.

I think if I can define the feature Wrapper and the footer to be displayed at every page it will also appear in this one, right?

I see in the theme a option to define the header to every page, but how could I do this to this 2 other components, please?!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I'm afraid there is something lost in communication on this one dear, let me see if I can get this one, it's late for me so I am slow in understanding.

You used a plugin to create a page that you use as your homepage? (how are you doing this? via the static page settings? just asking to be clear)

And when you created this page, that you are using as your homepage, the header and footer stopped displaying?

Sorry if these seem simple questions, I am just wanting to make sure i understand. Can I have a link to the plugin you used to make the widget page? or perhaps login creds?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I see that if you change the template the footer returns.. if this is the footer.

i did not change it, I wanted to leave that to you.

I also cannot use Firebug on the homepage, so I cannot look to see if I can help you hide your comments section :slight_frown:

You should be able to hide it via css, you just need to find the div ID of the comments box.

i installed Studio quickly on my site, because I couldn't use Firebug on your page, and found the comments section ID is <div id="respond">

So you could try to hide it via

#respond {
    display:none; }

The site is prohibitively slow, I am afraid I cannot spend much more time on it directly, I'm so very sorry.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.