Could I convert a large document into wiki?

Hello!
This is a rather complicated question (for me at least :wink: )

I Have several text documents, some in word, some in plain text that I want to upload to wordpress an make it a wiki. Is there a tool to massively import them. And more important can the title be set by the header?

Next I need to auto generate tags and categories if possible. There are some plugins, but I'd like to know if you do have a recommendation.

The final site doesn't has to be a wiki, it can be a simple collection of posts, and searching can be done with taxonomies.

Thanks for your help!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Kaliman,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I Have several text documents, some in word, some in plain text that I want to upload to wordpress an make it a wiki. Is there a tool to massively import them. And more important can the title be set by the header?

Do you want to make it wiki using WPMU Wiki plugin?

If yes that could be tricky.... The best thing to do is use the WordPress import.

Wiki basically creates a custom post type which means you can bulk-import content using the standard import feature (Tools > Import).

You'll need to build a custom script that exports your text documents content into a WordPress XML format (do an export to see how it looks) that you can then import into the wiki custom post type.

Next I need to auto generate tags and categories if possible. There are some plugins, but I'd like to know if you do have a recommendation.

You can use any plugin as following to achieve this.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/bulkpress/

The final site doesn't has to be a wiki, it can be a simple collection of posts, and searching can be done with taxonomies.

For searching posts using taxonomies, you can use plugin like following

http://wordpress.org/plugins/relevanssi/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.