Could I use Custom Press to create courses?

I'm not sure if this is possible...
Could I use Custom Press & Protected content to create courses, kind of like how coursepress works? Coursepress works, but (I especially just want creative control over how everything looks) and was wondering what I would need to do.

I know I could use protected content to protect everything in a specific type of post (which I could create with Custom Press, right?)

But then how would that look, would I then need
Marketpress- to sell the content
Affiliate- to track affiliate sales?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Kira,

I hope you're having a great day! Thank for your questions.

I understand that the most important for you is to be able to take complete control over the site/course appearance and you want it to look different from what our SimpleMarket theme offers. I think that you could try to stay with CoursePress Pro but switch theme to CoursePress - it's a special theme dedicated for CoursePress.

How do you feel about playing a little with CSS? The best way to customize CoursePress in terms of its "look-n-feel" would be to create a child theme for CoursePress theme. Here you can read more about child themes:
    1) https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/
    2) http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Of course it is possible to use CustomPress + Protected content to create courses. Protected content itself gives you tools to create paid content so MarketPress wouldn't be necessary to sell courses, unless you want to sell them per course instead of as a content for paid members only. It's the same with affiliate sales.

The CoursePress plugin also gives you more tools designed especially for e-learning and recreating them with only CustomPress could mean a lot more work for you.

So bottom line: I'd suggest you to stick to CoursePress and get interested in child themes.

Hope that helped. If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist.

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.