Could not fix issues reported by Smartcrawl SEO Checkup

Smartcrawl reports six issues that I have difficulty understanding. Like I have added focus keyword still Checkup shows:
‘We could not detect any keywords in your URL’
Also I have disabled and enabled the “Hide redundant canonical link tags”. Still SEO Checkup shows:
‘Duplicate content spread across multiple URLs can have a negative impact on your page rank. Using a canonical URL for products or content that is accessible under multiple URLs or websites can allow them to exist without harming your rankings.’

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Geoff Trebilco

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

As for canonical URL recommendation: since it’s a homepage that’s checked it’s actually completely safe to ignore. The recommendation is marked “gray” and that basically means it’s just a “notice”. While not using canonical URLs in some cases might harm SEO, additional URL on homepage won’t do anything, nor good neither bad.

However, enabling “Hide redundant canonical link tags” does actually remove it from the homepage but it was necessary to clear Page Cache first so this would affect the page source.

I’m not sure about the SEO Check on site though. First, the issue with keywords in URLs doesn’t seem proper and I couldn’t make it work as well and second – even though the canonical link is no longer there, it’s still being detected. I’ll need some help from our developers on this so I’ve already asked them to check the site and assist us with this.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we’ll update you here as soon as we get to know more from them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.