Events +: Could use a "feature event" extension

I'm hoping this plugin will work as a quick fix for a website that takes hundreds of event submissions then features the best of them. What I really need is the ability to add a star on certain events (typical of "feature post" plugins) then pull featured events for a date range (like YAFPP) into a blogroll.

At this point my only real option is to try to figure out how to integrate YAFPP into your plugin on my own but that is sub-optimal since it would make a real mess come update time.

Is there any way to implement this sort of feature? I'd prefer using your solution to drafting up a whole custom post & taxonomy template on my own, though in the end that may be more flexible solution. We'll see.

• Imperative Ideas

That is correct!

I tried modifying the YAFPP plugin (no longer in development) using the following starting on line 462 (added the incsub_event post type):

function yafpp_add_pages_to_query_opts($query_opts) {
        $query_opts['post_type'] = array('page','post','incsub_event');
        return $query_opts;
    }

That would have worked for a standard custom post type but you have custom tables in the admin so it registered but didn't display.

I suspect the developer could fork YAFPP, it's a very small plugin, and very quickly end up with both featured events and the ability to push them back upstream on a WPMU setup.

The other feature I would love to see included is event-level payment options! We have a lot of event promoters hitting this client's site and they would love to be able to collect pre-payment and generate a paid vs unpaid RSVP list.

The problem is, under the current setup, all event payments have to go to the site admin!

Best,
    Ian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.