Could you add payfast gateway to Membership?

Hi,

I want to install and use the Membership plugin but in my country I want to use a gateway that isn’t on the list.

The gateway itself created a “module” for Marketpress.

So i was hoping if you had the code for MP that you could add it as Gateway to Membership so I dont have to setup and use two plugins just for one function?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @ela,

thanks for getting back to us, I have flagged one of our developers to see if he can take a look at this and hopefully see if he could possibly make this work with membership plugin.

I believe our new plugin which is the new membership plugin once released will allow integration with marketpress so that membership can share the gateways used by marketpress instead. We are hoping to release this soon.

Hope this helps

• Rheinard
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @gustafp and @Ela,

As simple as it sounds copying code and adding it, its unfortunately not that easy. MarketPress is setup for single payments, Membership is for subscriptions. Thats why you will often see more gateways in MarketPress than you would in Membership. The actual gateways behave very differently and some don’t support recurring payments.

That said, I understand PayFast is an important gateway, so I am flagging it as a feature request with another developer (@Fabio Jun) that is currently looking at making the plugin even more awesome.

Cheers,

Rheinard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.