Couple of css issues with Ultimate Color Schemes, Custom Admin Bar and small screens

Hello. We are trying to use UB on a single site and found a couple of issues:

1. Ultimate Color Schemes: The custom-color-scheme.php starts with
@import url("<?php echo admin_url('css/colors.css'); ?>");
which results in the plugin looking for the wp-admin/css/colors.css file which is nowhere to be found.

2. Custom Admin Bar: There seems to be something missing (or left behind) at the very end of
/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-admin-bar-files/css/general.css

#wpadminbar li[id^="wp-admin-bar-ub_admin_bar_"] .dashicons{
        margin: 0;
    }
    #wpadminbar li[id^="wp-admin-bar-ub_admin_bar_"]
}

as also pointed here.
This results in a completely messed up cached site :slight_frown:

And finally,
3. Small Screens: Enabled the Custom Admin Bar and created a New Parent Menu (Useful) with a couple external links and gave it the "carrot" dashicon. Everything looks fine on larger screens but things get weird on smaller mobile ones (and even if you just resize your desktop browser window). The background color does NOT extend to the full screen as it should but seems to extent to ONLY the width of the dashicon.
No fancy theme is activated (just the Twenty Fifteen) as well as no other css is present. Now I don't know what causes this result but it sure looks bad.
Please have a look at the images.

BIG screens:

smaller screens:

thanx

• Ash

Hello @marikamitsos

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question.

I can confirm the issue #1 and #2, so I am marking this as a bug and reporting to the developer.

About #3, I can't replicate the issue. I have used Ultimate color scheme and added new admin menu but works fine in my test site, screenshot attached.

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• marikamitsos

Hello @aknath707
    hope you're well and thanx for replying.
    I'm afraid your screenshot is missing. :slight_frown:

Anyway. Issue #3 is irrelevant to Ultimate color scheme. It is also irrelevant whether using a dashicon or not. It happens no mater what.
    In some browsers the background color is as thin as you see on the screenshot and in others it just covers the menu letters as well. But in no case does it extend from side to side covering the full width of the screen as it should be. As in my 3rd attached screenshot.

Cheers
    marikamitsos

PS: Sorry I can not grand you access. Not up to me.

• Ash

Hello @marikamitsos

I am sorry, I missed the screenshot. Here it is attached again.

I have also checked again in a different browser, in a different device with one of my colleague and none of us could replicate this unfortunately. If you have any other test site where you can replicate this issue, it will help us to better understand if this is any conflict or something.

Please let me know.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• marikamitsos

Hello @aknath707
    Thank you for the screenshot.

And an extra thank you for proving the point I make in my previous comment with your own screenshot. :slight_smile:

In case though you didn't have the chance to read my previous comment, I copy-paste it again:

In some browsers the background color is as thin as you see on the screenshot and in others it just covers the menu letters as well. But in no case does it extend from side to side covering the full width of the screen as it should be. As in my 3rd attached screenshot.

(correction: 4th screenshot)

So. I believe that if you were to fix it (because it looks and is wrong) and have the background extend to the whole width of the screen (as per my 3rd screenshot), the issue that appears on my 4th screenshot will (probably) also go away.
    Furthermore:

If you have any other test site where you can replicate this issue, it will help us to better understand if this is any conflict or something.

You do NOT need another test site. You CAN replicate this issue. You and your colleague. Not only that but you have even already posted your own screenshot of the issue showing that the dark background color of "Nice, Hello, There" does NOT extend from side to side as it should be and is standard wordpress behaviour (demonstrated on my 3rd shot).

I hope I have further clarified the issue. Please see to it. Thanx again.

Have a lovely day,
    marikamitsos

• Rupok

Hi marikamitsos

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I do apologize for the delay. I've pinged our developers on this task and I believe, they will release the fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while before the work on this and release an update. As a result, I can't give you any ETA but I believe, it will be released very soon.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• marikamitsos

Thank you for the reply Rupok.
    Have a nice day as well.
    marikamitsos
    PS: I must admit though. I do hate canned responses.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock

Like, who doesn't?

and have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while before the work on this and release an update. As a result, I can't give you any ETA but I believe, it will be released very soon.

I know, I know...
    Anyway, thanks again :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.