Couple of Product Suggestions for the Hub and Backup

First off, I love your product and I'm trying to use it more and more.

I know that you guys are working on Hub 2.0 and I've looked at the information on the Roadmap. Here are a few things that I would find extremely useful.

Let me know if you need clarification. Thanks in advance for taking time to read this post.

Notification when a site disappears from My Site List

I noticed that when the WPMUDev plugin is disabled on a site or when I log out of the plugin, the site silently disappears from my sitelist in the hub. I'd appreciate an email alert when this happens so I'll know if a client has disabled the plugin.

Ability to Group Websites

I only have 10-15 sites in my list right now, but it seems like it could get out of control after you get a lot of sites. I think I'd like to group the sites in my list to make this easier. I'm not sure if I'd group by client or by service level ... but I'm sure I could figure out something. It would be nice if the group shows a summary row of the status icons to let me know what issues were present in the sites contained in that group. A group specific "Update Everything" that only affects sites in that group would be nice too.

Ability to Schedule Backups on Multiple Days of the Week

When you create a Backup schedule , you can choose daily or weekly. I'd like an interface similar to Automator where you can pick the specific days of the week when you want it to run.

• Mark
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

I concur on the grouping, I'd like to go a bit further:

If we could have groups of sites we get a report/list of "things" scheduled and when, so if I have multiple sites on a specific server I can set up a "server xyz" group and see when individual backups/automates/reports are scheduled to ensure there are no major clashes.

• acterry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for considering the ideas!

On snapshot, if the multi-day option is out of reach, then I’d be just as happy if it allowed me to define multiple managed backup schedules or to say every 3 days.

I’d like to offer clients 2-3 times/week backups. Right now I can only do one to the cloud and the others I’d have to send to Dropbox or a different destination.

• Ani
    • Product Designer

Hey acterry,

Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:
    I really like the idea of grouping sites in the Hub.
    Regarding Snapshot backup, we're in the process of doing a lot of UI/UX changes for the Snapshot 3.3, which is in the design process now and soon we'll start the development and there is already an option to choose your desired day/hour of the month/week you want to backup.
    Don't have an ETA for now, but it is definitely worth waiting for it. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Ani

• acterry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ani , that sounds great and thanks for the response.

Does the new UX/UI design for Snapshot let me pick multiple days of the week to do the backup? Once a week is too little, but everyday is too much.

Automator has a similar UI where you toggle the days and choose the hour of the day.

Thanks to you and your team for making Snapshot such a great product.

• Ani
      • Product Designer

Thanks, acterry :slight_smile:
      I see what's your concern. I will check if that's possible with our development team and will add that option, so you can select multiple days in the week to create a scheduled backup. I am sure it is easy to implement option and already added a task to include that.

Regards,
      Ani

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.