1) The updated multidb 2.7.5-Beta compatible with 2.7.1 wordpress mu? Can I use this on production site?
2) Anyone got a list of default table on the top of the head to give it to me so I can exclude from the multidb installation?
3) add_db_server('0', 'dc1', 1, 1,'126.96.36.199','192.168.0.101', 'wpmu_0', 'db_user_name', 'db_user_name_pass'); --------- the very first part inside the open parentheses where it's '0' (and '1', '2', and so on...), I look that up in db.php, and see it's acting as a sequential scheme right? Since creating a database, it be like wpmu_0, wpmu_1, and so on, but never like just 0 or 1. My question is that '0' and sequential numbers/letters that follow in each add_db_server is not important or how important to what extent? What can go wrong here? Or should I say I don't have to create that number through any kind of software right, but just creating it by entering correct sequence inside add_db_server function so the function can relate that to its multidb logic? My guess is that DS which is '0' and so on stands for Data Sequence?
4) Why multidb needs add_db_server('global'...)? Global is for global tables + default global tables from wordpress mu? Also it's housing the very first blog (admin's blog) right?
5) add_db_server('vip1'...) is a function to allow adding a single blog inside each database right? Or it's basically acting the same as just any other add_db_server function? My guess it's the same, but correct me if I'm wrong, it is there to remind us that we can use add_db_server function to allow a single busy blog to be on its own database, right? So to continue on I can do add_db_server('vip2'...), ('vip3), and so on right? Then all I have to do is to move that specific blog's ID, all of its related tables to add_db_server('vip[n]') right? This can be done even we already installed multidb?
6) Anyone know how to disable the wpmu site to not allow edit, add, but only allow to read, while installing multidb?
7) Here is how I plan to install multidb, please correct me if you see something is wrong.
a) First, I do a backup of original db using mysqldump, then create a single new db to house the original db using mysql import.
b) Create 4096 db using command lines emit by http://db-tools.wpmudev.org/db_sql.php - result looks like http://pastie.org/534092. Enter that into mysql console, etc...
c) Create a single mysql user that will handle this 4096 multidb databases.
d) Add add_db_server('global') first into db-config.php.
e) Use http://db-tools.wpmudev.org/db_servers.php to generate huge list of add_db_server -- result may look like this http://pastie.org/534094. Add those lines into db-config.php.
e) Tweak other db-config.php settings.
f) I don't have to add add_db_server('vip1'...) right? This is optional right? Plus I can add this in later into db-config (after installation) when the need arises for vip blog right? So I omit this part completely.
g) Double check db-config.php settings.
h) Then move the db.php and db-config.php into /wp-content.
i) Create a new directory called scripts
j) Move move-blogs.php into directory /wp-content/scripts/
k) Move the whole wordpress-mu directory that is live to a new name such as the command "mv my-wordpress-mu new-wordpress-mu"
l) Open up a browser and go to url of yourwebsite.tld/new-wordpress-mu/wp-content/script/move-blogs.php
m) I guess follow the instruction on the move-blogs.php should be suffice, and wait until the moving older blogs from older db to multidb that I have created get finish right?
n) Afterward move "mv new-wordpress-mu my-wordpress-mu"
o) Test to see if sign up a new blog is OK, adding new post a new blog, edit new blog, etc...
p) Test to see sign in with an older account is working or not, and edit, add, delete posts from an older account.
q) Test all the plugins to see if the plugins will work with multidb installation.
r) Done right?
Now updating new version of multidb + new version of wordpress mu (these two gotta be done at the same time right?) is another whole story, and I don't know how to approach this just yet.
Please let me know if my process of going about to install multidb is the correct way, and if you see anything wrong in the multidb installation process that I wrote above, don't hesitate to fix me up. Thank you.