Coupon code discount working functionality?

Hello,

Here is the full scenario for the site.

I have the product/membership which will be valid for the 1 year only. It will expire after one year usage.

Like my my membership plan for my products expire on 31st January.

Now any user purchase the membership/products before 1st June then the membership/product costing should be $100. And if the user purchases the membership/product after 1st June then the costing of the membership/product will be $50.

This is because the membership/products will be expire on 31st January and the June month purchaser will get let benefit of my product. So I want him to pay less for this loss.

So is there any coupon code or script will work for this feature. That I have to add it once and forget rest of my life.

Additionally if the membership plan expires on 31st January my already subscribed user will get an automated mail there membership plan is expire need to renew it for accessing the benefits of the membership/products for one more year.

Please respond asap.

Regards,

Minh

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Minh,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

There is start and end date in coupons which would allow you to create multiple coupons that you could offer throughout the year. So for example you can create one with discount that will be effective after 1st June.

Or as an alternative you could create 2 membership levels with same protection rules. Both will have date range access which allows you to grant access from-to specific date, see screenshot.

So for one you can set from 1st January to 31st December which will cost $100 and the second can be from 1st June to 31st December that will cost $50. You can also mark the second one as private and make it public on 1st June.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Bojan

• Minh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Bojan,

As you mention earlier for alternate option.

I was trying to do. but there was no option for " Access options" to set "Access structure"

and "Grant access form".You can check the screenshot.

Another Question:

if the membership plan expires on 31st January my already subscribed user will get an automated mail there membership plan is expire need to renew it for accessing the benefits of the membership/products for one more year.

Regards,

Minh

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @minh,

Access options are displayed for free membership levels, you should find the same page under Payment Options as you’re having paid membership.

Regarding your other question you can customize automated emails in Membership 2 -> Settings -> Automated email responses or do the same thing per membership level in the same tab you can see on the screenshot you uploaded.

There are Expired and Before – expires templates which you can send to your users.

Cheers,

Bojan

• Minh

Hi Bojan,

Regarding your other question you can customize automated emails in Membership 2 -> Settings -> Automated email responses or do the same thing per membership level in the same tab you can see on the screenshot you uploaded.

Response For Above statement:

I want a mail notification message or mail whenever a membership plan has been completed(Not profile form fill up completion).but there is lot of option in drop down such as subscription Expire ,Subscription Fail etc. but drop down can set only one at a time. so , how can set email notification to every situation like

subscription Expire ,Subscription Fail etc.

Or as an alternative you could create 2 membership levels with same protection rules. Both will have date range access which allows you to grant access from-to specific date, see screenshot.

So for one you can set from 1st January to 31st December which will cost $100 and the second can be from 1st June to 31st December that will cost $50. You can also mark the second one as private and make it public on 1st June.

Response:

If we create two member ship with same rule one with $100 and other $50.with setting different date range.problem is that both member will display. Is ther any way by which we can display one membership with specific date . Or any other solution.

Regards,

Minh

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @minh,

You need to load each email template separately to be able to edit it. Dropdown just allows you to select which one you want to use, after that click on the load template button to display it after which you can edit the email content. Once done you can repeat the process for other email templates as well, see screenshot.

Regarding having two membership levels that is exactly why I mentioned setting them as private because private memberships are not being visible on the front end in registration process. So what you can do is keep the $100 one public from 1st January to 31st May with the $50 being private and than on 1st June reverse that and have $50 one public and $100 private so you can effectively have only one level displayed for your users. You can switch level from being public/private when editing membership level, see screenshot 2.

Cheers,

Bojan

• Minh

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for help.

Creating two membership one is $100 And other is $50 is last option.Because i have to activate the private member on date 1st June to be public and other to be private through admin.that’s why it’s last way to do that.

I want create only one member for all the requirement not two membership.i want use coupon code for doing all those thing.coupon code will have 50%.i checked it .it’s working properly .but problem is that how can be apply automatic coupon code during date range(b/w any date).there is no need to user put it.

OR

Display coupon code front end during date range.by which user can use this coupon code .

Is this possible or not?

if yes then provide a best way to do it.

if no then tell me any solution to do that as your like.

I hope you Understand What i want.

Have a nice day.good luck

Regards,

Minh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.