Coupon Code Worked But Discount Not Given

Hi, on the most recent order, the coupon was applied, but it did not give the discount set at $1.00. Thank you for the help. Access has been granted. I see, they entered a $ sign when doing the code . Disregard, but I would request that it works with a $ sign as well! Thanks. False alarm,

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Tony

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site, but I could not. But I could regenerate the issue on your site. So it’s not a plugin bug, rather there is something on your site which is causing this. Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Tony

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I made another test, but this time, coupon code is working perfectly. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Product price is $9.99 and when $1 is removed, price becomes $8.99 and then TAX ($0.67) is added, so the final price is $9.66 .

Can you please check and confirm?

Disregard, but I would request that it works with a $ sign as well! Thanks. False alarm

I’m not sure about your inquiry. Can you please explain a bit more so we can help you better?

I’m looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Tony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Rupok,

I don’t see the screenshot. Sorry if I was confusing. I meant that when I don’t put a $ sign when creating the discount, it works. If I put a $ sign in front of the amount, it creates the code as 0.00 and applies as such. I can live with that if that is the way it is, but was not sure if that was a bug on my site only…

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tony,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sending the screenshot, I could see the difference when a ‘$’ sign is added. The correct way would be to add without a $ sign, the expected behavior of the plugin is to work with decimals or percentage. Adding a $ sign to the input box, makes it at the risk of being redundant and wouldn’t validate the input properly giving you $0 as seen in screenshot.

The plugin already declares Currency Settings under Store Settings > General, and this should take care of adding your currency throughout your website.

Please let us know if you need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Tony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nithin,

Ok, that’s fine and thank you for confirming. I would suggest though that in the future there might be some consideration to having it alert admins by not accepting a currency symbol or adding that in the instructions where you enter the amount.

I know my clients have set it up with the symbol before and have had this happen and I just did on this coupon as well forgetting that. Anyways, thank you for the confirmation of this and your excellent help/response! Have a nice day, as well! Marking this as resolved.

Best,

Tony

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.