Coupon codes in Membership plugn

Hi.

I would like to be able to offer a way to grant free membership to the different membership levels, where I see fit.

Is there any way to offer a coupon code so that, should I decide to give someone a free membership, they can enter the code and not have to go through PayPal to pay for it?

Many thanks for your help. Andrew.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Andrew,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Currently as you are probably aware there is no coupon code feature within the Membership plugin.

However, as I understand it, it is on it way in the next upcoming release of the Membership plugin and already in support beta.

Hold tight and look for the next Membership release in which I think we will both be pleased to find this feature has been incorporated.

Leaving this ticket open pending the next anticipated release of Membership.

Cheers, Joe

• Abaloo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Joe.

Do you have some idea of when this will be publicly available?

Also, do you know if the new version will have better integration with custom post types (please please say it will).

Where can I see the beta version?

Thanks again for your time.

Best wishes, Andrew

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

That shouldn't be there yet.

It required a little further work before making the official release. Most of the code is there.

As you see the coupon area on the front end, you can see how close we are. :slight_smile:

But really that shouldn't be there just yet.... Sorry.

Take care.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Yep - we have the form on the front end, but have disabled the admin side for now (well in the last release anyway) because we needed to get some bug fixes out first.

The admin area is enabled in the next release, which is coming v. v. v. v. v. soon.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings PROPAGANDA and proseo,

I do not think that Barry is going to release a version just to satisfy the removal of the coupon code off the front end and actually even when it is working it is certain that many sites will not be offering coupon codes but the box is still there.

However, you can manually remove the code yourself in the payment.form.php file located in the /wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes folder removing or commenting out the lines rendering the coupon code form which are approximately lines 93 thru 97.

That concludes the value of this ticket until the next release comes out.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings PROPAGANDA,

Thank you for the great question.

For as long as I have been with WPMU Dev, going on two years now, they (Lead Developers/Coders) have never given out release dates.

Which I have discovered is standard protocol concerning this subject coming with orders from headquarters.

Cheers, Joe

• proseo
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Joe for the great tip. While no time-frame has been given, I really appreciate Barry giving us a heads up that there is an imminent update in the works and more importantly that the plugin is being updated and supported. Give me a lot more confidence in using a product knowing that the developer is there.

• ghc
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Shoot! I'm pretty surprised to find out that the feature isn't actually enabled yet. I'm planning on using coupon codes as soon as it's available!

Also, for those who prefer not to modify plugin core code, a dash of CSS will disable the coupon code field as well:

div.membership-coupon {display:none;}

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.