Coupons

We have a wine club where members get discounts on their orders. However, we don't want the members to pass around the coupon code. What's the best way to handle that?

• aecnu

Greetings cmorus,

Thank you for the great question.

Companies around the world have this issue with people distributing their coupons and Market Press deals with this by having coupon expiration dates and/or Allowed Uses.

This is the whole kit and kaboodle.

The only other way outside of this to stop this sort of thing would be to add something like the Membership plugin and then only members can shop within a Membership plugin protected store.

On the other hand and with a bit of change in perspective, to include that I was professionally in Internet Marketing until February of this year for six years, this I would use to my advantage by pitching those non members who used the coupon to see the advantage of being a member.

In addition, this can increase sales dramatically if it goes viral. Where the official position is that they are getting over while in reality it is exactly what you want :slight_smile:

Points to ponder?

Have a GREAT upcoming New Year and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.