Coupons expire after 1 month in Stripe

This may be a Stripe issue but we're not sure as we need to know more on how coupon values are sent to Stripe from the plugin. Coupons that are set to not expire are expiring after 1 month for Stripe users - after 1 month they are charged full price. Please help us understand how the plugin communicates to Stripe so we can see where the issue is. My developer will add more information in subsequent posts as he continues to investigate. Thank you!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your question.

I have notified the Membership 2 Pro plugin developer about this to get his valuable reply here.

He will reply here ASAP but please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

I can see you are using older version of Membership 2 Pro plugin so please try updating it to the latest version to see whether it makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Brent
    • Flash Drive

Plugin has been updated and support access granted.

Please have your developer take a look at this as soon as possible. We are noticing many strange thing s with payment right now and its causing our users a lot of issues.

Also, kind of unrelated, but can you tell us how to reset the payment gateway of a user once it has been set to "Admin (None)" if that user previously had a gateway set?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Brent,

Also, kind of unrelated, but can you tell us how to reset the payment gateway of a user once it has been set to "Admin (None)" if that user previously had a gateway set?

Did user previously used the Stripe gateway? Is this possible that his subscription was manually renewed or given by site admin?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brent
    • Flash Drive

What happens is that there is a bug with renewals it seems. We see the user get charged on Stripes end, but their account is marked as expired within membership 2, with the most recent invoice not mark as paid.

When this happens, we update the user's membership and set their status from expired to active. This changes their payment gateway to admin. We would like to at this point, be able to at least set them back to the correct gateway.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Brent,

Can you tell me example users that extend subscription and was shown as expired in Membership? I would like to check their transactions log.
    As for the changing the payment gateway I've asked developer how this can be switched and I'm waiting for answer.
    Please enable support access again.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brent
    • Flash Drive

Sorry, I may have confused another issue with this one.

You can ignore the expired user issue in this ticket.

Please investigate why the coupons are not saving in stripe as perpertual.

Support access has been granted.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi There (schoolofbookkeeping.com)

Thanks a lot for your reply here. As @Vinod Dalvi said, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may get a little more time than average tickets. And @Kasia Swiderska confirmed that she has reported the bug already. So I'm assuring you that our developers will look into this ASAP and will release a fix.

I'll request you to hold on for a little more. Thanks a lot for being with us.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

So you don't think offering a customer a discount coupon and then having them be charged double month after month after month is critical? I'm tired of hearing all the excuses on what are truly critical problems. I filed this issue months ago and was told it was resolved. Come on @James Farmer, I get that some things like pop ups and Facebook likes are issues you deal with, but when it comes to commerce such as Membership Pro 2 you folks need to add some staff and focus to these issues. You are literally costing me hundreds of dollars each day. I wait and wait and wait. My customers unsubscribe in the mean time. You have plenty of time to send me blog posts EVERY day and other marketing. Fix these plaguing problems. Such as this one https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/-of-my-members-now-have-expired-accounts-in-membership-pro-2. It's been months and seriously, if you could just give me all my subscribers and all of the required data so I could move to another provider, I would.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi There (schoolofbookkeeping.com)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm escalating this issue to our developer and I really believe, they will come up with a solution very soon.

I've also flagged our developer once again in this thread. I totally understand your situation and am trying to arrange to fix it ASAP.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Brent
    • Flash Drive

It's been almost two weeks since the last post and this is continuing to disrupt our business - how can it be that there is no fix for this? Is it that difficult to save a duration variable and apply code to use that variable? This is really getting frustrating. Please provide an update.

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

Every month I have to refund the difference. It's beyond embarrassing. I have no idea what or why these guys built this product if they can't support it. @James Farmer, the ceo does very little to intervene. I've been battling with issues that have cost me thousands in lost customers over the years and nothing. Philip and Michael try and they are doing their best, but the WPMU business model is flawed.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Rod & astUtemy

I really do apologize for this delay in fixing it. Actually when working with payment related things, we have to be extra careful so that it doesn't break anything else. And as I said before, our developers have to deal with lots of other critical issues. So it's getting delayed.

But I personally contacted our developer and requested him to escalate this issue and I believe, he will come up with a solution very soon this time. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.