Coupons for Events+??

Hi
I was wondering if there were any plans to add coupons to Events+ to allow me to offer discounts, especially to customers of channel partners, which is key to my marketing plan for my new training business. The events plugin is so much more appropriate than MarketPress and this would round it out nicely.

I've found the plugin a little buggy, I have to say, especially re styling and recurring events are concerned but I won't go off topic here.

Thanks,
Arthur

• aecnu

Greetings Arthur,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently the only discounting feature Events+ has is the Membership integration whereby you can give discounts to members.

I do know that there are plans to add many new features once we get the major issues tacked for the operational side of the plugin, i.e. the ones you mention after your feature request above. Coupons is on the list for consideration :slight_smile:

re: recurring events, we are still working out the kinks as the coding for this is incredibly difficult. we are also having to contend with the million different recurring options that each user needs.

Best,

Kimbelry

• Arthur

Thanks guys!

Funnily enough, I thought of using the membership plugin after writing this - using a membership type my channel partners to offer their clients discounts. I tried installing it but got a fatal error and as it's been a while since I did this I had to submit a ticket, which reminded me of the memory allocation issue, so hopefully I'll be able to sort it.

I'll let you know if I can achieve what I need while I'm waiting for the clearly highly desirable coupon feature, which I'm glad to see is now in the queue. Meanwhile, being in the software business myself for many years, I do know what you're going through re kinks and user cases, etc. If you need help testing, let me know!

Cheers!
    Arthur

• Arthur

I just had an idea. Possibly an exaggeration to call it a brainwave, but it did come to me in a flash after some quiet pondering!

It suddenly occured to me that PayPal allow buyers to enter coupons, so without needing to touch membership (though I still think that's a nice idea, for building loyalty and a customer base) one can just use PayPal coupons instead!

I thought I'd try quickly before posting this, but there's a problem creating a campaign in my PayPayl Sandbox, so I can't give a thumbs up yet, but I'm sure it's a go-er!

Best
    Arthur

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.