Coupons & Renewing

If someone uses a coupon code to get, say a 30% discount on an annual membership… when their year is up and it’s time to renew, does their rate remain at the 30% off or does it go up to the normal rate?

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

This is a question for the staff, but the ones that I saw were just for the first subscription payments. I.e. if it was monthly, it was just for the first month. If it was yearly it was just for that year. I haven’t seen any lifetime discounts, but I haven’t been a member here long either. Good question.

• jdsullivan411
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The only Membership plugin I care about in this question is the one at WPMUDEV. It is fairly obvious that is the one I am inquiring about. So I kindly ask, if you REALLY don’t know the answer, don’t post a guess. Yes, it’s a good question. I asked it, reserve your point building for posting real questions or real help. Sorry, but I don’t like threads to be muddied up by non-relevant posts.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @y3kgeek

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

If someone uses a coupon code to get, say a 30% discount on an annual membership… when their year is up and it’s time to renew, does their rate remain at the 30% off or does it go up to the normal rate?

Coupons are just used for one time discounts and not recurring discounts. For example if you offer a 30% discount and the price is $100. The subscription would be setup like $70 for the first payment and $100 for recurring payments.

So the account would be renewed at the normal rate.

Did you notice it not happening ? If yes, please let me know and I will get that tested.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.