Coupons w/out paid membership? Change "Apply Coupon" text? Customize Account Page?

Hello,

I'm using the Coupons add-on (w/ buddypress, as well) to create a product registration system. You guys have already helped me add images to each Membership type by helping me to write a custom plugin. I'm wondering if I could do something similar to further customize the Coupon plugin. Ideally, it would be possible to enable coupons without making the memberships paid, but I can see that this probably seems really illogical and not how the coupon add-on was developed behave.

Here's what I'd like to do:

1. Change the "Apply Coupon" text on the coupon entry screen to "Enter Code"
2. Remove references to price, i.e. "you will pay USD 1.00 for permanent access" or "Total: USD 1.00".
3. If it's possible to remove the invoicing section from the Account page, that would be good too.
4. Also on the account page, instead of "change" next to "Your Membership," I'd like it to say "Register a Product"
5. Can I have certain items in my navbar for logged in users, and certain items in my navbar for non-logged in users?

• Aaron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Update: I have changed the "Apply Coupon" text to "Enter Code" by editing the addon file:

• class-ms-addon-coupon.php

line529, line653 ‘Apply Coupon’ to ‘Enter Key Code’
    line673 ‘Enter Discount Codes’ to ‘Enter Key Codes’

Not sure it's the best solution since the next time it updates, those changes will probably be overridden, right?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Aaron

Welcome to WPMU DEV Community!

Changing the plugin core files it's not a good solution. After an update all your changes will be lost.

Instead, you can try the Ultimate Branding plugin.

To replace the text like you mention in 1 - 2 - 3, please navigate from your dashboard to Branding and enable "Network Wide Text Change" module.

In the Text Change tab, inside the field "Find this text" insert the text you wish to replace and inside the field "and replace it with" write the text you wish to be shown on your page.

3. If it's possible to remove the invoicing section from the Account page, that would be good too.

You can hide the Invoice section with CSS code. Use the following code:

#account-invoices {
    display: none;}

Enable "Custom Admin CSS " module in Branding, go to Branding > CSS and insert the code inside the CSS editor.

5. Can I have certain items in my navbar for logged in users, and certain items in my navbar for non-logged in users?

Yes, you can have menu for visitors and a different menu for logged in users. First, please create a Guest Membership in Membership 2 > Memberships> Create a New Membership.

Navigate to Membership 2 > Protection Rules > Menus Tab and assign a Membership to the menu items. Please see the attached screenshot:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.