Course categories on a page

How can I display all courses according to their category on a page?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Fahim,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Would you please clarify your goal a bit more for me? I'm not sure whether you are referring to a default course listing page or any custom page/post of yours and if you wish to show just all posts with some sort of category filtering or show a choice of categories so users would then be able to select category and get a list of courses of it.

In general, courses are posts of custom post type and course categories is a custom taxonomy. Most likely you will want to create your own custom page template for this, following WP Codex but in order to be able to help you better I'd need to get some more information on what you wish to achieve.

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Fahim,

Thank you for explaining this.

All the courses, regardless of categories, are by default listed on "/courses" page on your site. It's using a default "archive" template so it should look the same as any other "archive" on your site (e.g. posts archive).

If you wish to put a list of courses on any other page or post you may use this shortcode:

[course_list]

Any page/post that you put that shortcode on will show the same list of all the available courses.

To browse courses by category you may use an in-built "Course Categories" widget. Please go to the "Appearance -> Widgets" page and drag'n'drop the "Course Categories" shortcode to any of the sidebars of your site.

Alternatively, you may also add course categories to any of the menus on your site. To do this, please:

- go to the "Appearance -> Menus" page of your site's dashboard
    - expand the "Screen Options" tab (at the top of the screen)
    - make sure that the "Course Categories" checkbox is checked
    - select the menu you wish to add categories to
    - drag&drop categories from the "Course Categories" box to your menu.

Would that work for you? Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.