Course Dashboard and email confirmation

When I sign myself up for a course I receive the following email without username or password. Only the option to click the dashboard link.

The first thing I find after being navigated to the dashboard is that I am not in fact enrolled in any courses. However, in the row below I find COURSES COMPLETED. Clicking on COURSE DETAILS will of course take me to my course.

You can see in the photo today's date.

So two problems. Newly registered users do not receive user name or password, only a link.
I'm also told I'm not enrolled but in fact have access through course details. This will be to confusing for new users.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Douglas,

You can insert password and username into emails in Coursepress -> Settings -> Email settings:

with macros: STUDENT_USERNAME, STUDENT_PASSWORD.

On your site you only allow to for instructors to add students, so now students cannot enroll.

I'm also told I'm not enrolled but in fact have access through course details. This will be to confusing for new users.

Are you checking this from the admin/instructor account or totally new user account? Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Douglas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,

I must confess my ignorance but I don't know what MACROS are. I did add the text STUDENT_USERNAME, STUDENT_PASSWORD but nothing changed. How do I make it blue?

Course dashboard: I enter as a student from Google Chrome INCOGNITO, so not as ADMIN. So I still see "You are not enrolled in any course" but am enrolled. When I click on COURSE DETAILS my course appears.

I have enable support access. Can you take a look?

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Douglas,

I apologize on delay on my end.

I must confess my ignorance but I don't know what MACROS are. I did add the text STUDENT_USERNAME, STUDENT_PASSWORD but nothing changed. How do I make it blue?

If you make text a link it will become blue. But username and password are not suppose to be links - you need to paste those macros to email, and the after sending notification they will be changed to the right values.
    Please note that students needs to register first to receive that email with password and students user name - I'm sorry for my first not precise answer - those macros are only available to registration email not to enrollment confirmation.

I've tested courses on your site with my test student account and I could not replicate issue you are seeing

but I noticed that your screens are from course where your user is student and the instructor the same time. Please check this on test account that is not also course instructor.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.