Course details page layout and formatting has changed

On logging in this morning, I notice three serious issues with the student's course details page which were not there on Friday 19 Feb.
1. The heading 'NEWS' has appeared fro some reason.
2. A scruffy and pointless breadcrumb has appeared.
3. the text alignment and formatting is all over the place.
I reiterate that this was not the case when I last viewed this page on Friday.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Roger Allsopp

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I reiterate that this was not the case when I last viewed this page on Friday

How many people know the login credentials of your site? I mean, is there any chance that someone else logged in and changed something on your site? Or, can you check if your theme/any plugin got updated automatically?

To check the issue, I tried to login with Support Access but it's showing me the following error:

Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.

Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can have a closer look and investigate further?

All three issues you mentioned can be fixed easily with custom CSS but I need to inspect the elements while logged in and enrolled in the course. So I can start working on those as soon as I get Support Access granted again.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Roger Allsopp
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Rupok, I did not have a wonderful day. There is no auto update enabled, either for the theme or the plugins. I note with great interest that your first paragraph as a 'Customer Support' representative immediately seeks to blame someone else for the issues. Not productive! I have now granted support access for a further 5 days. Hopefully something will get fixed at some point.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Roger,

I've checked your site and saw that CSS edit custom style are empty - but there are revisions. If you go to the /wp-admin/revision.php?revision=4846 page and click restore this revision your changes should be back.
    I'm not familiar with this plugin but looks like there was a theme switch on 19th to default CoursePress theme (maybe there was troubleshooting of some kind regarding other issues?) and then back to your child themes - and custom CSS did not get back with switch back.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.