Course Info Page & Random Registration

I need some help on my course information page (see attachment). It is showing the directory path information and I'm not sure how to fix it. Also, my current registration is closed for my first course, but I'm getting e-mails daily of people registering for the course and I don't see anywhere on the site where it should give them the option to register.

• Sajid

Hello MarKeith Selmon,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is a warning notice of the plugin. These are solely for developers and should never be enabled debugging on production sites for obvious reasons.

This has already been reported to plugin developer and should be fixed soon. To hide such warnings, you need to disable debugging in wp-config.php file.

Here are the steps to do so:

1. Download wp-config.php file located in folder where you installed WordPress (mostly public_html) on your computer from your site via free FTP program like FileZilla or FileManager of cPanel.

2. Take back up of this file (important).

3. Open it up with a code editor (e.g Notepad ++, SublimeText or any other of your choice).

4. Find the following code in it:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

5. Replace it with following code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

6. Save changes and upload back to your server/site replacing the existing one.

This will still log the errors in debug.log file that can be found in /wp-content folder of your WordPress website but would not display on screen.

Also, my current registration is closed for my first course, but I'm getting e-mails daily of people registering for the course and I don't see anywhere on the site where it should give them the option to register.

CoursePress pro plugin honours the registration settings of your WordPress website. So if you have disabled registration from WP Dashboard -> Settings -> General -> Membership, it would not display the registration form at all.

Further more you can also select "Any registered users" option under Step 6 - Enrolment & Course Cost section while adding/editing a course.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Denitsa

Hey there MarKeith Selmon,

Do you mean if we could edit the wp-config.php file on your website the way Sajid described above?

If you want us to do so, then you'd need to provide us with some creds so we're able to log in on your server and access that file.

You can send us your details using our secure contact form (https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question) and this template:

Subject: "Attn: Denitsa Slavcheva"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL

- FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel creds (login URL/username/password)
    - Link to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls
    **If you keep support access active then no need to send in the wp-admin creds

The subject line ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Regards,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.