Course Press auto completing courses on sign up, no reset button?

Hi folks,

I am having issues with the course press plugin auto completing the course as done on sign up I have it on a sub site of this site aeyrand.nl the sub site site is recht.aeyrand.nl.

I have opened acces to support as I can't find it. one clue, I added an auto complete payment snippet to functions.php for woo commerce to auto complete the payments. can this be the culprit?

We are live and have students however we have no way to reset the course to the start and were very surprised this is not a function of this plugin.

Kind Regards

JT

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi John,

Unfortunately this is not something currently possible but it has been raised for discussion for adding it in 2.0.

I see that you already responded in this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-reset-student-progress-on-incomplete-courses
    Have you tried workarounds from there?

As for the cause of the issue, it's quite possible that your additional code is causing this because I was unable to replicate this on my installation.
    Can you tell me what's the code you've added so I can test it on my end?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• John Taylor

Het Predrag Dubajic

I see you were in the system, I removed the woo commerce auto complete code snippet from functions.php in the child theme, I signed up for a new course and it works, I think the auto complete snippet was the issue.

/**
     * Auto Complete all WooCommerce orders.
     */
    add_action( 'woocommerce_thankyou', 'custom_woocommerce_auto_complete_order' );
    function custom_woocommerce_auto_complete_order( $order_id ) {
        if ( ! $order_id ) {
            return;
        }

$order = wc_get_order( $order_id );
        $order->update_status( 'completed' );
    }

I will have to set this up on my test environment and test it until it works, the only issue I am left with are students who have paid for a course and I am unable to re set their course, an issue which I think many people will have.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi John,

Yes, I have accessed your site as I wanted to check this out but since all gateways were set to live I couldn't finish with payment so after that I tested it on my end.

I did try that snippet now on my end as well but I couldn't replicate the issue, so it's possible that the code is not in conflict with CP or Woocommerce directly, it could be causing this because of issue with some other plugin you have installed, or your theme perhaps so you might give that a go on your staging site as well.

For now I'm afraid that suggestions from above thread are only solution for reseting course status for student :slight_frown:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.