Course Press Discussion Enabled?

Hello,
I'm having trouble setting up a Discussion in a course. Is the process new?
The discussion should be in
http://f4d.33d.myftpupload.com/courses/how-to-write-a-joke-2017-january/units/unit-1-how-to-write-a-joke/page/3/page/3/
I don't see a button to add a discussion. Would you please enable it? Thank you!
Chuck

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Chuck Roy,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question. :slight_smile:

I clicked on the link you provided and was redirected to a different page. From there, I was able to see the Discussion link and add a new discussion. The following screencast shows all this in action. https://goo.gl/Jt37xK

Were you able to find the solution to your problem before I replied? Or, have I misunderstood you?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Chuck Roy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you for the video. The discussions seem to work differently now. I found them and was able to start them.
    Is there a way to request a change for the future? I teach comedy at the Community College of Denver. I also study online course design. I was hoping to place discussion tabs underneath videos.
    It would be beneficial if the discussion was directly under the video so students don't have to go elsewhere, like clicking on the discussions tab. Is there a way to place the discussion directly under the video?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Chuck Roy,

Checking the Product Usage page for CoursePress I'm not seeing a shortcode to accomplish this at this point in time. You could do this via an iframe, custom page template or custom ajax, but that can get complex depending on which approach you choose.

I've moved this thread to the Features & Feedback section so that others can cast their vote for this feature. I agree it would be quite useful for admins to customize where the discussion is generated.

Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.