course press plugin bug

Upon entering in the Title and Description in create new course, the save feature causes a error white out...

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bryan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

I think that this is related to the theme that you are using as we already know about similar issues (though not regarding this particular theme). Could you please switch the site for a moment to Twenty Seventeen theme and give it another try to confirm whether the theme is causing this?

If it happens also with Twenty Seventeen please disable Visual Composer too and give it another try. Let me know about results please and I'll then test it further and report to the developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bryan,

I had a look at your site and it seems that the issue on your site is actually related to "The Events Calendar" plugin you are using.

That plugin uses custom CSS for their picker and that code is called in entire admin section.
    CSS code uses some default WP classes that CP uses as well and that caused this issue.

I will check with our devs about this and if there's something that can be done from our end to avoid this, but this is something "The Events Calendar" developers should look into.
    For now you can disable the plugin while creating courses and then enable it again once done.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bryan

Hi Predrag, I am well and I wish the same for you too...

Interesting that the css from the events calendar is causing this... do you think if i used the wpdev calendar appointments + possibly be a solution too?

I will go ahead and just disable while i create the course but im curious to see if i can just usurp the issue with the dev plugin

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this issue, You guys are awesome! superheros indeed i hope to provide a service in quality like wpdev does.

kindly and a very happy
      Bryan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bryan,

Interesting that the css from the events calendar is causing this... do you think if i used the wpdev calendar appointments + possibly be a solution too?

When I was looking at your site I was actually fishing for JS errors as those can usually cause something like this but since Chrome Console was empty I saw that Events Calendar css files were loaded on page and when disabling its styles I was able to continue with course creation.

As for the Appointments+ plugin, it works fine with CP but I'm not sure if this would do the same thing you're looking events calendar to do because this is a plugin designed to be used for booking 1 on 1 appointments.
    Perhaps Events+ will do:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Also, I did couple more tests with "The Events Calendar" on my installation and I was able to pinpoint the cause of this to only two CSS attributes.
    I've created a small mu plugin that will override that CSS on CoursePress creation page.
    You can download the file attached, unzip it and place it inside wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder, if you don't have mu-plugins folder simply create it yourself.

After that you should be able to use CoursePress while The Events Calendar is active.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.