Course Press Pro> User cannot access the next unit in a course if a mistake is made in assessment

User is prevented from accessing the next unit if they make one or more mistakes in giving answers. The user can return to the beginning of the quiz but all answer buttons continue to be greyed out and are unchangeable.

Please view: Course>News and Stories>Unit 1

(checked) User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit
(not checked) User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments
(dont know what this means)Force unit completion refresh.

NOTE even if the last option is checked, it has no effect on the user's screen.
Thanks!

• Rupok

Hi David Wingler

Hope you had a wonderful day.

User is prevented from accessing the next unit if they make one or more mistakes in giving answers.

I just went to your site, created a test account, enrolled in "News and Stories" course, then in Unit 1, I answered all question. My answers were 75% correct, so according to your issue, I was not supposed to get access to Unit 2. But I could access unit two. Please check attached screenshots for reference.

Can you please check and confirm?

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• David Wingler

Hi Rupok, You are right. Please veiw the video. In Unit 1 I gave you the wrong information:

(checked) User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit

Actually it was unchecked. However from Unit 2 you will see that if you make any mistakes you are not allowed to procede. If you try to go back and fix your mistakes you are still unable to fix them. Please take a minute to watch the short video which also has a view of the backend too.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Rupok

Hi David Wingler

Hope you had a wonderful day.

However from Unit 2 you will see that if you make any mistakes you are not allowed to procede

I just logged in with Support Access and found, your second Unit has "User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments" checked. That's why if you make any mistakes, you are not allowed to proceed. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please check these two settings for all of your courses and confirm us? If you still have the issue, we will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• David Wingler

Hi Rupok,

That is exactly the problem. :grinning: If a user makes any mistake then they are prevented from going further. That is an excellent design. However, there is no way for a user to change any mistakes that were made. If the user views the Unit again, they are locked out of making any changes to their previous answers. So if you make a mistake even one time then it is like 'game over' and you'll never be allowed to proceed.

Can you tell me how a user can proceed once they make a mistake? :sweat_smile:

• David Wingler

Thank you Kasia,

That made clear to me why users are unable to advance. Once I set it up properly, I found the UI/UX to be in need of redesign.

If a user misses more than one answer they are only given the chance to change a single answer at a time while on the quiz page. They must tap "Done" and restart the quiz every time to fix all incorrect answers. It would be better if this could be remedied by rethinking the process. A possible solution would be to allow a user to correct multiple answers while on the quiz page while showing them their incorrect choice on the page.

I'm also curious, What does "Force unit completion" refresh mean? It is found at the head section in UNITs tab.

• Nithin

Hi David,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If a user misses more than one answer they are only given the chance to change a single answer at a time while on the quiz page. They must tap "Done" and restart the quiz every time to fix all incorrect answers. It would be better if this could be remedied by rethinking the process. A possible solution would be to allow a user to correct multiple answers while on the quiz page while showing them their incorrect choice on the page.

Unfortunately, the current way is to increase the value of limit attempt. I can understand the way you want the plugin to behave and your suggestion seems like a good option to include. I would highly recommend that create a new topic regrading this in Feedback & Suggestion, so that this can be voted on by the community for inclusion into a future release.

I'm also curious, What does "Force unit completion" refresh mean? It is found at the head section in UNITs tab.

Force unit completion was designed to fix any progress problems from the older versions of Coursepress Pro, you could leave it unchecked for now, as your current settings doesn't seem to cause any issue.

Please let us know if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin