Course pro plugin not working

I would like to add a Featured Thumbnail to the left of each of the Units (see image) - I want you to make the design on this page more attractive and look clean. Please work on this right away.

Also when you answer a questions wrong, can you change the CSS on [Submit Different Answer] so it stands out.

Also when a new student signs up, they don’t get a notification. Please look into that.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Arvin,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I would like to add a Featured Thumbnail to the left of each of the Units (see image) - I want you to make the design on this page more attractive and look clean. Please work on this right away.

At the moment there isn't any out of the box settings available in the plugin to make such changes, on courses comes with featured image. At the moment, it would require custom coding to achieve such a feature, which is beyond the scope of support.

If you are considering custom development, you could check in our Jobs board to hire a professional, please do note that members found in the Jobs board are individuals, and doesn't have any affiliate with WPMU DEV.

Also when you answer a questions wrong, can you change the CSS on [Submit Different Answer] so it stands out.

What exact change are you looking for? I tried to create a login, but it doesn't seem to work, so I wasn't able to check how that button looks in your theme. could you please try the following CSS, and see whether it helps:

.resubmit_response {
    	display: inline-block;
    	position: relative;
        	outline: 0;
    	border: 1px solid transparent;
    	text-align: center;
    	text-transform: uppercase;
    	font-weight: 700;
    	cursor: pointer;
    	box-sizing: border-box;
    	transition: all .2s;
    	padding: 17px 40px;
    	line-height: 21px;
    	font-size: 18px;
    	background: #25a9bd;
    	border-radius: 2px;

If the above didn't work, please enable support access, so that we could check your system.

Also when a new student signs up, they don’t get a notification. Please look into that.

I was able to notice this, I tried to signup but I didn't receive any email alert. It seems like emails aren't working in WordPress in general, and not specific to the plugin. You can setup a SMTP by using any of the SMTP plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

You can either setup using your hosts SMTP configurations, or with Gmail, you might find the following helpful:
    https://wp-ecommerce.net/easy-wordpress-smtp-send-emails-from-your-wordpress-site-using-a-smtp-server-2197
    https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/use-smtp-to-send-email-from-wordpress

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, if you still need us to check the submit button, so that we could get this sorted asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hello @arvin1!

Can we change the words "Unit & Units" to "Lesson & Lessons” ?

One nice way to change any localized field in a plugin or theme is with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/

It allows you to change any text on the fly. Let me know if this helps!

forgot password link not working

Your links for forgot password and slug for this page were not the equal, I changed it and now it's work fine.

Also when a new student signs up, they don’t get a notification.

I checked again and it seems like emails aren't working in WordPress in general on your site, and not specific to the plugin. Please, do recommendation of Nithin in this thread or set working of emails using another way. First of all, you need be sure that email working on your site and then you can check emails from our plugin and tell me if it will not be working.

User *** can’t get in

Yes, I see this issue on your site, but I tried to replicate it on my sandbox site with the same settings and I couldn't do it. Please, try update version of CoursePress Pro plugin and if the issue will stay - tell me about that and I will look again.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hello Arvin !

Regarding "Say what" plugin - you should use "cp" text domain. You can open *.pot file for looking in which phrases using Unit/Units words in this plugin. ( for this plugin (your_wordpress_folder)/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/language/cp.pot )
    [image pos="0"]
    These phrase for current version of CoursePress Pro (2.0.5)
    If you change all these phrases via "Say what" plugin you won't see Unit/Units words anywhere.

Regarding CSS issue - I asked about this issue our developers and it will be fixed in future. For resolving it now you can install and activate our Ultimate Branding plugin and then activate the "Custom Admin CSS" module. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Then go to "Dashboard > Branding > CSS" section and in the "Custom Admin CSS" box, enter the following custom CSS Code:

div .cp .module-elements li input {
        vertical-align: baseline;
    }

Then save. Or use another way for adding these CSS-styles for this page.
    It will resolve your issue.

Please let us know if these don't resolve your issue of if you have any further inquiry. We will be glad to help.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Arvin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Also how can we customize this button. We have tried this but it is not working
    .enrolment-container-div .bbm-modal .cancel-link {
    -moz-border-radius: 8;
    border-radius: 8px;
    font-family: "Fira Sans", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important;
    color: #ffffff;
    font-size: 20px;
    background: #dc4e41;
    padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
    border: solid #dc4e41 2px;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hello Arvin !

How about the checkbox that is appearing on the top of the questions beside the required text

Also the questions are showing on the lessons page, it seems that the coursepress 2 has a lot of error.

Your current theme is adding these CSS-styles. You can check it if you change your theme to 2016, for example (only for test). For resolving this issue you can add this code using Ultimate Branding plugin like before

div.input-radio, li.input-radio {
        -webkit-appearance: none;
        -moz-appearance: none;
        appearance: none;
    }

Also when we try to edit a course, we can't totally see the course set up.

It seems WP lightbox 2 and SSL Insecure Content Fixer plugins changing our styles on this page.
    Please, add this code using Ultimate Branding plugin like before

.ui-state-disabled, .ui-widget-content .ui-state-disabled, .ui-widget-header .ui-state-disabled {
      opacity: 1 !important;
    }

Also how can we customize this button.

Please, add this code

.enrolment-container-div .bbm-modal input.login {
    -moz-border-radius: 8;
    border-radius: 8px;
    font-family: "Fira Sans", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important;
    color: #ffffff;
    font-size: 20px;
    background: #dc4e41;
    padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
    border: solid #dc4e41 2px;
    text-decoration: none;
    margin-top: -4px;
    }

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Arvin

I already have added the code below but the checkbox is still appearing.

}
    /* ---------- 2nd question ----------*/

What is the css element for the hover of cancel and login button.

/*----- 3rd Issue -----*/

The questions are still showing up on the lessons page. This was not happening before we updated it to Coursepress 2

• Arvin

I already have added the code below but the checkbox is still appearing.

}
    /* ---------- 2nd question ----------*/

/*----- 3rd Issue -----*/

The questions are still showing up on the lessons page. This was not happening before we updated it to Coursepress 2

Also can we make the featured image clickable with a link along with the title? See image below

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hello Arvin !

You are right. You can use Ultimate Branding plugin for adding CSS-styles to admin area or login page. I see that you have already used plugin for Custom CSS (Dashboard -> Appearance -> Custom CSS ) and I added these CSS-styles to end of textarea for Custom CSS and It works fine. Please, check it.

Also can we make the featured image clickable with a link along with the title?

At the moment there isn't any out of the box settings available in the plugin to make such changes, on courses comes with featured image. At the moment, it would require custom coding to achieve such a feature, which is beyond the scope of support.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Arvin,

So sorry for the delay from our end. We try to reply older threads first and every time you put a reply, it makes your thread a fresh new one and the thread goes down in the queue. That's why the delay happened. However, we will try to respond to your thread with higher priority as you said you need this ASAP. Let me answer your questions one by one.

how can I make the Lessons/Units section of the course layout cleaner

For making that section cleaner, you can try the following custom CSS Code:

.circle-thumbnail {
      float: left;
      width: 40%;
    }
    .unit-archive-single {
      float: left;
      width: 60%;
    }
    .unit-archive-module-wrapper li {
      border-bottom: 1px dotted #d7d7d7;
      margin-right: 40px;
      padding-left: 10px;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

I would like to make the Video & Questions also Clickable

Modules and Sections are clickable on my test site. Not sure why those are not clickable on your site. I'm pinging our developer regarding this. I believe, he will come up with an update soon. We will update you as soon as we get anything from him.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I will appreciate your patience.

How do you hide the Grades section?

You can hide that section with the following custom CSS Code:

.submenu-grades {
      display: none !important;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

For Login Button:
    .enrolment-container-div .bbm-modal input:hover

For Cancel Button:
    .enrolment-container-div .bbm-modal a:hover

on the Lessons/Units section, when you instantly sign up, why does it say "Opens Mar 01" - Match 01 has passed and I set it to be "Instantly available"

Thanks for asking. This sections are locked because in your section settings, you have checked "User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" option for your sections. However, I could regenerate this also on my test site. So I'm confirming this as a bug. This should show "This Section will be available after you complete the previous section" instead of "Opens Mar 01". I'm reporting this to our developer right now. I believe, he will come up with a fix very soon.

As I said above, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

We will update you if we get any patch or quick fix for this from him.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.