course pro question about dates for the drip content

Hello! I hope you are having a great day! So I want to know if I started my date for today for a course unit to be available and it comes out every week(7 days from the time a user registers) will it give another user who comes a month later all of the ones up until that point? In other words, I join today and a month later you join, will you have access to all the units that are available up to that date which will be 4 units? If so, how do I change it where no matter when you come in, you have to wait 7 dats for the unit to be release? Thank you so much!!!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Garrett, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

When you're associating a module to your dripped content membership, you'll want to click on the "Set date..." option on the right side of the page.

Once you do that, if you click on the dropdown menu, you'll see the "Relative to subscription" option, you'll want to select that, and set the amount of days after the start of the subscription for that item.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. You'll want to reload the page after setting the start date, as the item to protect will disappear once you've set the date, and will reappear in the list once you've reloaded the page (the developer's been informed of the bug).

• Garrett

So to be clear, If I set the membership relative to the subscription it will release each unit based on the number of days and not the actual date itself? for example, if I start a course today and a user joins my course 3 months later, it will not show that user all of the units that are available up until point. It will release the units based on the days I have it spread out? In other words, today is 03-30-2015, and the user that will join 3 months down the road will start the subscription like it is 03-302015 not 06-30-2015? Correct?

• Garrett

I have another question for you. if I wanted to continue to add units to that same course down the road, how can I maintain the every week it comes out if I'm past the date that is scheduled? For example if my last unit was scheduled a month ago and I wanted to add one for the next week from that date how would I go about that? is there anyway I could set it per date as opposed to the actual

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Garrett,

I think owe you an apology here, the way I was thinking here was a bit different from the setup you have in mind presently. To elaborate this, let's return back to what I said before:

When you're associating a module to your dripped content membership, you'll want to click on the "Set date..." option on the right side of the page.

When you mentioned "drip content" earlier in the title of this post, the first thing that came to mind was our Protected Content plugin (which is what I was talking about), as I saw that you have that on your site. However, looking at this now, it seems like you were referring to the "Unit Availability" field that's available when editing the course unit.

To speak on that "Unit Availability" field:

In other words, I join today and a month later you join, will you have access to all the units that are available up to that date which will be 4 units?

Yes, it would mean that if a user joins the course after the date specified there, the content would be available.

However, if you were using our Protected Content plugin to protect each course module, as I briefly mentioned in my first reply here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/course-pro-question-about-dates-for-the-drip-content#post-855085

You would be able to control when each module would be available to a user. Granted, they would first need to join the membership, and then join the course (you could charge for the membership, and then make the course free), but it is an option available. :slight_smile:

(you'll also want to make sure that the "Individual Custom Posts" add-on is enabled inside of Protected Content, as that's how you'll be able to select each course unit to protect)

Oh, and to speak on this:

if I wanted to continue to add units to that same course down the road, how can I maintain the every week it comes out if I'm past the date that is scheduled? For example if my last unit was scheduled a month ago and I wanted to add one for the next week from that date how would I go about that?

Inside of CoursePress Pro, you would set the date in "Unit Availability" field to the current day (so that it's available for your present subscribers), and then inside of Protected Content, you would set the reveal date for the unit to be 7 days after the previous unit in the series. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Garrett, sorry for the delay here!

I've got a quick tutorial video that'll help show you how this can be done:

http://screencast.com/t/lamtCbRU

Please note: when a reveal date is assigned to a piece of content presently, the item will disappear from the list inside of Protected Content until the page is reloaded (the developer's already aware of this, and this is being worked on)

Just wanted to let you know about that, since you'll see this happen in the video. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.