Course Reports selction menu problem

Hi,

Is there away to only show instructor made courses in the reports course selction drop down menu?

Current it displays all published courses.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @plentylandonline

I trust you are well today!

At the current time this is not possible pout of the box. I've moved this thread to the Features & Feedback forum. I hope our members will vote +1 here, so it would be considered for future development!

+1

Cheers,
    Nastia

• chathura
    • HummingBird

Are you kidding me?
    How the hell this comes under feature request?
    What new feature did I request?
    Do you reply by reading the support ticket's heading only?

I'm just telling the report course menu should only populate instructor's own course only not the whole wide courses created in the plugin. This is about the basic functionality of the plugin, Its not a feature request.

Thanks.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @plentylandonline

Based from the thread, I understand that you wish to add a new search filter on the Report's page in order to show the courses created by the instructor. I hope I have understood you right, if not, please correct me.

For now, this specific feature is not available out of the box. Even if a user log in as an instructor, he or she will be seeing all the available courses. But I've sent a message to a developer for a feedback regarding this.

The issue on this thread, seems to be a different one. It's regarding generated PDF report shows elements from other published courses are appearing in the report.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• chathura
    • HummingBird

Yes, that thread is not relevant in here.

I don't want another search filter. Where did you get that? All I'm asking is the report Course selection menu should only display instructors courses only not all courses in the entire system. If you have downloaded the attached image you would have seen this menu item. Its right below 'Reports' heading. http://prnt.sc/agnxze

Try it in your own installation with different courses from different instructors. You'll see what I mean.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @plentylandonline

Regarding this:

All I'm asking is the report Course selection menu should only display instructors courses only not all courses in the entire system.

The Report page is showing all the courses to the instructor, as well as all the courses are viewable at the Course menu, this the current logic of the plugin. You can manage some of the instructor's capabilities in CoursePress Pro > Settings > Instructor Capabilities. The specific one you are asking for, to show only reports from the assigned courses to the instructor, is not in the settings.

So if you wish, I can move this thread to the Feature & Feedback forum as a request, to add this instructor's capability:
    - View only reports from the courses that is assigned to an instructor

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• chathura
    • HummingBird

No, don't push this into Feature & Feedback garbage bin

This similar issue has been addressed in following threads. I'm asking for a similar solution for this one as well. This is not a feature request, this is how the plugin should perform. Why would others want to generate reports for a course he/she doesn't manage?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/after-the-latest-coursepress-update-assessment-tab-shows

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/instructor-capabilities-for-discussions-tab-is-not-working

Friendly reminder: Please study about your own plugins.
    Thanks.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @plentylandonline

I trust you are doing well today!

I've passed this information to our developers team, at the moment they are working on a major update of the plugin. I cannot guarantee that developers have time to review this part of the plugin's function right now, is a minor thing compared to the other changes of next update, but it will be changed soon.

Have a good day!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Chathura,

I've reviewed your feedback on this ticket. I just want to mention that Nastia was following proper support protocol here. As she mentioned, CoursePress' logic was designed to show all courses in that list regardless of the instructor checking it. Of course, now that you mention it - it definitely makes sense to make it restrict to only the specific instructors courses.

This was likely an oversight during development. As Nastia mentioned she's passed this onto the developers. We're currently working on CoursePress 2.0 which will refactor a lot of the plugin so this will definitely be taken into account for that update. Looks like Mike is checking if one of our SLS staff is able to get you a fix in the meantime too. Awesome.

Anyways, just wanted to clarify here as it seems there was a misunderstanding as it is technically a feature request given that the functionality doesn't currently exist in the plugin, but it's one that we definitely need to add :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

No problem at all! You provided feedback based on what you felt and that's what the whole feedback system is setup for :slight_smile:

Just don't want you to take this out on Nastia specifically as she was following support guidelines. Which does bring up the point of feature request vs something that really should already be in the plugin. We'll discuss that at our next support meeting to ensure a situation like this one doesn't happen again.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.