Course Units disappeared after the new WP updates

Units may have disappeared when Wordpress updated to 4.8.2. I've checked over the relevant database rows (for Coursepress) and they all seem to be there - but it shows '0 units 8 published'. So it seems Coursepress can see that they're published but just doesn't want to include them in the course.

• Sohag Ronjon Dey
    • Support

Hi teckyhead,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

I have tried to replicate the issue in my test site. I have created courses with units in my test site where Coursepress Po Version 1.3.4.3 installed in wordpress 4.8.1. Those were visible in both frontend and backend. But when I updated the wordpress version the units became hidden in both front and backend. I have already flagged our Second Level Support(SLS) team about this and they'll take a look in to it.

Please keep in mind, SLS deals with more complex threads so it might take them a little longer than a normal ticket to reply.

However I have tried to update the coursepress pro to the latest version and that worked for me. If possible please try to take a complete backup of your wordpress site and database and try to update the coursepress pro. You can also create a staging site with the backup of your existing site and perform the update on it as test. If you like to create a staging site then this article will help

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cheap-shared-hosting/

Meantime, feel free to ask any additional questions if needed.

Cheers,
    Sohag

• teckyhead
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Sohag,

Thanks for the update. When you updated Coursepress v1, did you update it while the units were not visible and did the update to Coursepress v2 then make them visible again?

Just want to be sure that I'm correctly understanding what you are saying.

Regards,

Gary

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.