Coursepress

Hello there

I'm currently running Learndash on my site. There are however some things I'm not overly thrilled with:

1) Appearance doesn't adapt to the theme; the default lesson lists etc. are quite basic/ugly.
2) The buttons (course registration, next lesson etc.) are placed in a default, fixed location. I'd much prefer the ability to place them where I think best, within the page.
3) The lessons (and this is my main problem..) can't be directly accessed; I'd like to give my users the choice of taking a 'standalone' lesson, or as part of a course. LD redirects the user to the course page, if they're not registered for it.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

• Sajid

Hi Adam,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am not familiar with Learndash plugin so I am not exactly sure how it looks like exactly. However, I can see they have nice looking predefined templates that you can use.

If you need help with minor CSS styling then please share the link of page here and I will provide you some CSS code to be added in style.css file or using simple custom CSS plugin.

2) The buttons (course registration, next lesson etc.) are placed in a default, fixed location. I'd much prefer the ability to place them where I think best, within the page.

As mentioned above, I have not used and not familiar with structure of that plugin so I am not sure how you can add those buttons on custom places. I would suggest you to contact their support for further assistance.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Nastia

Hello Adam

I trust you are doing well today!

I haven't used Learndash plugin, so I'm not familiar with the plugin's features to compare it with the CoursePress Pro. And I see, no one actually tried to compare these two plugins

From the feature list, I see that everything the Learndash has, the CoursePress has it too.

You can sell Coursepress courses with MarketPress and WooCommerce or offer courses for free. If you choose to sell with the Marketpress, you will have 13+ gateways available.

The Coursepress is compatible with all themes, it have it's own CoursePress theme too.Here how it's looks like:

You can choose not to use bbPress along with CoursePress, like LearnDash does, each course has it's own discussion section.

- Add multiple Instructors with the CoursePress Pro
    - Manually add students to a course
    - It's Membership 2 compatible, so you can give access to a certain course only to subscribers of a certain membership.
    - Custom define user roles for instructors and for a students
    - It have Live Chat integration
    - Built-in email marketing
    - Mandatory questions
    - Multimedia Lessons

And many more features you can find on the plugins's project page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

More important is that choosing CoursePress you have 24/7 support from us :smiley:

The Course Press has a shortcode library, you can use a shortcode to place the Enroll Button anywhere on your site:
    [course_join_button]

If you wish to student access a specific unit inside a course, use the Membership 2 plugin, to provide access to a cpecific unit inside the course and restrict access to other units

Have a look at some CoursePress tutorials here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/coursepress-create-sell-awesome-courses-in-wordpress-for-free/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/membership-2-coursepress-pro/

I suggest to test both plugins and choose what is the best for you!

If you need any further clarification, please let us know!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Adam

Sajid...

You don't need to remind me, once again, that you haven't used Learndash; my questions don't require you to have.

Ok... Let me make this really clear:

1) Does Coursepress adapt to the theme, in terms of lesson lists etc.?
    2) Can buttons (course registration, next lesson etc.) be placed wherever I think best, within the page? (In Coursepress...)
    3) Can I make lessons directly accessible - 'standalone,' as such - so that I can send people a link directly to that lesson - if they're not registered for it or the course (they will be logged into my membership/buddypress site) - and they then will be able to access it? (In Coursepress...)

Thanks,

Adam

• Nastia

Hello again Adam

The questions you posted above, I've answered in my previous post. Maybe because I've added other information it wasn't that clear.

1. The CoursePtes is compatible with all themes. If there is a slight issue, we can provide a CSS that fixes it.

2. The Course Press has a shortcode library, you can use a shortcode to place the Enroll Button anywhere on your site:
    [course_join_button]
    For Course Sign Up, you can use this shortcode:
    [course_signup]
    You will find the full list of shortcodes in CoursePress Pro > Settings > Shortcodes tab

3. If you wish to student access a specific unit inside in a course, you can so this with the Membership 2 plugin, to provide access to a specific unit inside the course and restrict access to other units.

Please note, all users must enroll to a course in order to access even part of it.

You don't need to remind me, once again, that you haven't used Learndash; my questions don't require you to have.

My apologies for this misunderstanding, I just wanted to inform, that I am too, like Sajid are not familiar with this plugin

I hope this answers your questions!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia