CoursePress 1.2.6.6 multiple choice bug

When i have v.1.2.6.6. of coursepress activated i have a problem when adding a multiple choice question.
The answers are not added and an error is showing (see attachment).
After that i can add answers , those are safed.
On version 1.2.5.8 this bug was not present.

• Sajid

Hi @JTI

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for inconvenience and thanks for bringing this into our attention. However, on same version I am unable to reproduce on my test site. When I use Multiple Choice Question option I can see there are two empty fields by default unlike your setup where I can see no fields (see screenshot).

Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in our getting started manual and let me know how it goes.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

However, meanwhile, If you can still add the answers and questions. Then you can simply hide this error by adding following define in wp-config.php file via FTP by replacing the define('WP_DEBUG', true);.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

This code will enable the debugging but instead of displaying the error message on screen will add in debug.log file. This is recommended to not enable error and warnings on live/production site because it reveals security information like username and address that can be used to hack your website.

I can see the full path where you have installed the WordPress in your screenshot. If you need to post the error message in public forum (like this one) then make sure you mask or hide such sensitive information. I have deleted your screenshot for this purpose.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @JTI

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, this seems to be an issue. I got the same error after save and the fields are gone. However after adding new fields and setting their value save changes just fine as you mentioned. But its still a bug and I am notifying developer so it can be patched up in next version of this plugin. I am unable to provide an ETA here to avoid disappointment if we missed the deadline, but it will be soon.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention and being helpful, sending some points for appreciation.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.