Coursepress 2.0 - Accumulative Grading

Hi,

After delving into Coursepress 2.0 I can now see that accumulative grading is now apart of the features. This is a great.

However, the accumulative grading actually adds up all of the unit scores added over the course. Is it possible to have accumulative grading and a pass score over just one unit?

As it stands:

Course Setup > Course Completion > Minimum Grade Required > 100%
The course has 2 units (mid term unit & end of course unit), both have 2 questions.
The user gets all the mid term answers wrong but all the end of course answers right. Their score is 50% over the entire course. They fail.

Is it possible:
The course has 2 units (mid term unit & end of course unit), both have 2 questions.
The user gets all the mid term answers wrong but all the end of course answers right. Their score is 50% over the entire course BUT 100% over the end of course assessment. They PASS.

I realise there is a probably a work around the automatically enrols users in another course which acts a stand alone 'end of course' assessment however this maybe a complicated way around and will require quite a bit of extra work.

Is their a quicker way?

Tom

• Vaughan

Hi Tom,

Hope you're well?

I've taken a look through myself, and currently, I don't think it's possible to do this either from what I can see. I have asked in our internal Coursepress forums for some advice from the developers to be sure, but I can't see any way of doing that at the moment. If it definitely isn't possible for now, I will certainly add this to the feature requests for the developers to consider in a future release. Hopefully, they should respond soon.

Thanks