Coursepress 2.0.1 doesn't take you back to where you last left off

Hi. We upgraded from 1.x Coursepress to 2.0.1 and have noticed that when a student hasn't finished a course and re-enters the course, they are taken back to the beginning of the course rather than to the page they left off on, like in the previous version. Since we are creating courses for young children, this is a problem for us! Please advise.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Robert,

I can see that also on my site - to be precise you are not referring to lack of "Save and exit" button (this was already reported as bug) but when opening unit it opens on first page not the one course was closed on?
    I've send message to developers if that was removed on purpose or its bug. I'm waiting for feedback now. As soon Ill get something I'll update thread.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Robert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, our issue is that no matter where you leave off mid-course, when you return, it sends you back to the beginning, not where you left off. This (and many other 2.0.2 issues) are several weeks in the waiting. Any update on the next release, or hot fixes, or an answer to your question to the developers in your last post?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Yes, our issue is that no matter where you leave off mid-course, when you return, it sends you back to the beginning, not where you left off.

I'm afraid, I don't have an update from the developer yet, I'm pinging the developer regarding this, and will keep you posted once I get a feedback asap.

Any update on the next release, or hot fixes, or an answer to your question to the developers in your last post?

I could see you are using the latest version of the plugin release today, v2.0.3. The latest version has many bug fixes, and I hope it helps with your other issues.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Robert,

I'm sorry for delay - I understand how important this feature was, however I still don't have answer if that was removed on purpose from CoursePress or there is still possibility to enable that option. I send another message to devs requesting answer on that.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Robert

Thank you. This was one of the criteria that led us to purchase Coursepress as it was one of the specific features our customer asked for. We are planning on a Beta test with the customer next week and really need an answer to this. Some kind of response so that we know how to present this to our customer.

Thank you for your help on this.

• Robert

Hello! The newest release of Coursepress made some progress on this problem. Thanks!
    Now, if you Save Progress & Exit, then go back into the course through the Continue Learning button on the Chapter Details page, you go to the place where you saved. HOWEVER, if you go back to the course unit through the UNITs page, you go to the beginning of the unit NOT where you saved. I can grant you access to our site to take a look.
    Thanks!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Robert,

I'm so sorry for the delay from our end and I really do apologize for this. I've pinged our developer personally and I believe, she will come up with her valuable feedback on this very soon.

We will update you as soon as we get something from her. I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Robert,

I'm so sorry for the delay and I do apologize for this. I'm pinging our developer personally again and will request him to escalate the process. I'll update you as soon as I get anything from him.

I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.