CoursePress Accumulative Assessment quiz

Hi, nobody answering other threads so thought I would start new one here! Under bit of client time constraint!

How would I achieve the following for assessments / unit quiz or examination?

(1) How do you allow for say 10 questions within one lesson unit and the student only has to answer 70% of the 10 questions correctly before moving on to the next unit?

(2) How would you setup the course if there are grouped lessons, then a test (mcq's) before proceeding on to the next group of lessons, and so on?

(3) Grading needs to be accumulative over entire course e.g. achieve 70% for all quiz questions throughout the course. Appears that the report / workbook does accumulative assessment but pass or fail mark not based on a minimum of x%.

(4) Also please explain a scenario when a multiple choice question would be set with a "Minimum grade required" percentage?

Thanks so much for a quick reply!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Mal,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

I couldn't find your other thread, do you have a link to that please?

1) Currently a workaround here would be to set 7 questions that require answers and 3 that don't, ( Mandatory Answer: uncheck). That way they can move on after having only answered 7.

2) A course with multiple units? If you set the course with multiple units and a certain grade is required to pass, they wouldn't be able to move on to the next unit until they've passed the previous unit.

3) You can use the multiple choice field, which allows you to set multiple correct answer and then change the minimum pass grade to 70% per unit if this makes sense?

4) The multiple choice question would be set, if you had a question that had multiple correct answers (maybe a question that is open to interpretation). You can then set say 50% as a minimum grade, so if they only choose the first correct answer they'd still pass the unit.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• 247web
    • Recruit

HI Jack

Thanks for your answer but I think you misunderstood my points.

(1) above - There is no way that I can ask a course examiner to set up 7 questions with marks and 3 without marks - they would crucify me!

Your suggestion also presupposes 100% correct answers for the 7 questions that are mandatory. BTW none of the client's multiple choice questions have more than one correct answer.

(2) and (3) above. To further explain - I have a group of x units (lessons) each. At the end of the x unit lessons, i want to be able to have a multiplce choice test / quiz that the student must pass by x% before being allowed to proceed on to the next set of lessons inside their own group - ... which also has x lesson units, and so on and so on until the final module and the final exam which must also be graded by X% pass rate.

Perhaps it would take something like a separate post type for a quiz and that all the answers then within that quiz post type would then be assessed accumulatively and judged against a quiz required x%?

It seems that the % required field should be on the overall unit not on the individual questions?

Similarly a pass mark % on the overall course as well to calculate accumulative marks through out the course.

(4) I suppose valid if there are two or more choices that are correct.

I hope that this is a bit clearer?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Mal,

Hope you're well today and thank you for the additional information.

That all makes perfect sense now. :slight_smile:

I've been looking into it and couldn't see a way to do this currently, so I've spoken with the lead developer and he's confirmed it's not currently possible out of the box, but it is something we'd love to add and have added it to the list of feature requests. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.