CoursePress and Membership Pro 2

I have been using CoursePress Pro to publish courses. I want to add content protection on my blog so that people register with my site in order to see certain content. But when someone registers via CoursePress, can I have them auto-enroll into a Membership?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @msk5400, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

But when someone registers via CoursePress, can I have them auto-enroll into a Membership?

If you were to create a "Default Membership" inside of Membership 2 Pro, then users signing up for a course would be signed up for that particular membership if they don't already have another membership on the site.

As to @coremedia's idea:

Would you consider everything the other way round? Have you thought that a visitor would register for your site via Membership then have certain members have access to the courses? You should be able to restrict course pages to a particular membership level.

This would be possible by enabling the Individual Custom Posts add-on inside of Membership 2 Pro, and then navigating to:

Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> Custom Post Type Items

Choosing the course pages you wish to protect from there. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @msk5400,

A "Free access" membership was automatically created for me. But I don't see anything about it being a default, or anything that lets me make it a default. Where do I go to make sure it's default?

I've got a quick screencast here that shows how to create a default membership, and the assigning of a page to it:

http://screencast.com/t/4mwC0Qla07

I also confirmed that when I sign to a free course up as a new user, it does NOT add me to the "Free access" membership (the only membership type I currently have).

Once the Default Membership is created (as shown above), users won't be shown as being assigned the membership, but any content assigned to that membership will be accessible to users logged in to your site.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.