Coursepress and MultilingualPress

Does Coursepress can work with the so light and eficient MultilingualPress? I wouldnt like to change my plugin translation wich work so fine right now.

And if not, wich translation plugin is the best option for this plugin? And finnaly, Is there a hook way to change frontpage labels from some itens at this plugin? Maybe going to custom templates pages? I have searched already at Google about translation, but any of the solution were especific to this plugin or satisfatory.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vivian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not much familiar with Multilingual Press plugin but I checked ho it works and it seems that it creates a "network" of pages where each page operates in a different language. I think it should work flawlessly with CoursePress as long as CoursePress would be enabled on "per site" basis.

This would mean that on each sub-site CoursePress would work as actually independent and separate plugin. That way on each site it could work in a different language and include a content in different language. However, you would have to setup all courses manually and they wouldn't be 'interconnected" (so a signed up/enrolled student couldn't switch language during a course and continue learning, instead he/she would have to enroll again and start learning from scratch).

As for changing frontpage labels. These are stored in translation files so you could either edit these files or use our "Ultimate Branding" plugin and its "Text Replace" feature. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

This would allow you to customize pretty much every front- and back-end label/message via a simple dashboard interface.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Vivian

Yes, the courses work, but independent. For the labels, I used PO and MO to auto translate and it worked. Cant get ultimate Branding to work.

I'm convinced that have independent courses is better for the sake of the ecommerce administration, since the courses will be sell and taugh in differents coutries.

However, if my client insist to have the translation fo all the courses published, whats the best methodology? Wich translation plugin work better with Courspress's courses and why? Or when we think about translation an multilingual, courses has always to think independent?

Thank you for you support

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Vivian,

CoursePress would currently need separate courses as mentioned above, we are looking to make it fully compatible with WPML translation plugin but there are some limitations in there as well because of do_shortcode function used in CP so we are looking for a way to go around this.
    Unfortunately I can't give you much info about when will this be released.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.