[COURSEPRESS] Assessments issue

When I check Assessments I cannot Certify student. After full plugin conflict I was able to make this correct. When I activate and deactivate plugins again issue comes back.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Allan,

I was doing a couple of tests on both your site and on my installation running the same theme and plugins.

On my installation, I had some issues, not the same as you but similar, I had issues with saving my assessments with that setup, while it worked fine with only CoursePress and default WP theme used.

It seems that the similar thing is happening on your site and that at some times the scripts are failing due to some conflict and causing the issues for CoursePress to save the data.

I was able to get student certified by using the Workbook instead of expanding the module section:

But it worked only for new student, existing one didn't update properly.

I would suggest testing with new student and using Workbook to assess him and that should work.

In order to determine the cause of the issue it would be best to setup a staging site where we could do some additional tests and modify database if needed in order to determine what's going on.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Allan McNabb
    • New Recruit

Thanks.

We have everything worked out so far other than the courses not consistently certifying and sending the certificate.

We changed the course so that each question is a single answer, so that an instructor does not have to review the test in advance. Therefore, everything should be automated.

Everything works perfectly, other than certifying the student and issuing the certificate upon getting 100%.

Here is a video update: https://www.useloom.com/share/807c9d35d7b04652a4812c8924bf3ad8

Please do whatever tests and notifications that are needed. You have the cPanel login and an admin account for WordPress.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Allan,

Apologies for the delay here, we were doing some forum maintenance over the weekend.

I was doing some extensive testing and was never able to replicate the issue if the course was passed completely, and this is what I’m wondering if is the issue you are showing above.

By passing the course completely I don’t only refer to Test unit responses but also going through all of your course units.

Each unit, regardless if it’s only text or answers as well, is a part of the course and is required for course to be fully completed.

Did any of the accounts that are not working properly skipped any of the units?

Meaning, did you go directly to a test unit with any of them, without going through “read-only” units first?

Each unit has “User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit” option so you can enable that in order to have next unit unlocked only when the previous one was read.

This would make all students to go through all of the units and their certificate should be working normally after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.