Coursepress - Can not get passed first module of course

I am having an issue with users getting past the first module of the course. I have a quiz at the end of each module and once the quiz answers are submitted, module is not showing complete and bringing users back to the original quiz point. Please assist. Thank you.

• Milan

Hello Arja ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Have you checked this with only CoursePress Pro plugin ? If not I suggest you conduct Plugin Conflict test as described in our this support manual. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If plugin conflict does not help you, please switch to default WordPress standard theme for some time and test..

If none of above help you, please grant me staff access to your site so that I can check regarding your issue in depth. In case if you do not know how to grant staff access, please follow simple manual stated here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Dimitris

Hey there Arja,

i hope that you're doing good and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

I just inspected your site and noticed that under the 2nd unit called "It Starts with Your Belief" I cannot change options in step #9 as it seems that all inputs are disabled. I may miss something obvious but, is this what are you talking about?

If this is an input control error, would you mind replacing this multi-select control with a single-choice one, as it seems that only one option is correct? I didn't try to alter anything as it seems a production website to me.

If this is true, and still continue, and as you already conducted a plugin/theme conflict test, can you please enable debug mode in case there's an error which we don't see? Don't worry if this is a site in production as we will generate a debug file instead of showing any errors on screen. Simply edit your wp-config.php file, find this line
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with

// Turn debugging on
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Tell WordPress to log everything to /wp-content/debug.log
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Turn off the display of error messages on your site
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    // For good measure, you can also add the follow code, which will hide errors from being displayed on-screen
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

After that, try to replicate any misbehavior.
    Then go to /wp-content/ directory of your installation and you should find a file called debug.log. If there's none, then there weren't any error at all.
    In order to attach it here, rename it to debug.txt. :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Arja

This is correct. So I am going through all the modules now changing all the quiz questions. I did complete module 2, and I was able to get past the quiz question but it still will not allow me to advance to the next module. I think it could be because I intentionally selected a wrong answer on one of the quiz question, but there was no type of indication of that error on the users side; it just won't allow me to advance. How can this be corrected?

• Milan

Hello Arja ,

Hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

Actually, after researching a bit on this context, I found one bug with CoursePress Pro related to Assessment validation. I've created bug report and flagged respective developer for this. Hopefully very soon they will fix this and you'll have your unit navigation back in life.

For your information, bug is that,

Event if you do not select "User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments", CoursePress Pro takes it in account if "User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" option is selected. This should not happen. This is the reason your users are not able to move to next unit, because CoursePress Pro is applying that validation.

So for a workaround, you can disable first option which is "User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" to navigate to next unit, or increase Limit Attempts for assessment elements.

Take a look at these screenshots to understand where I am pointing you at. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan