CoursePress can't save and exit

Having issue with a course where students can't save and exit the course, although the units are set to allow them to pass to other units without completing previous ones.

See image.

Note, the issue doesn't seem to happen with new courses. Only that specific one. Exported the course to other setup, same issue.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello carl

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have imported the course to my setup and tried to go through the Module 1 / Topic 1. The message that is shown on the screenshot that you attached (and that my colleague was getting during the chat) clearly states that not all the mandatory questions were answered right so I made sure that I'm giving proper answers. Clicking "Save and Exit" worked fine without any issues.

The point is that all the questions there are set as required and assessable with a minimum grade required to pass set to 100%. That means that even a single mistake will block any progress. Multi-choice questions are assessed automatically so e.g. if there are 3 correct answers marked but only two are selected by a student, the grade will be too low.

The "Save and Exit" function in this case will only let to save and exit if all the required questions are answered and all are answered at a level of correct responses that meets that set "minimum grade".

Therefore, if there's been any mistake made or if you try to "save and exit" before responding to all the questions on a page in a unit - it won't save and will give a message that's shown on the screenshot attached to this post.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• carl
    • Flash Drive

Hi Adam,

I understand this, so what you are saying is that the save and exit button doesn't work with these settings? This is a major mistake in the plugins processes.

A student MUST BE ABLE TO SAVE AND EXIT AT ANY STAGE, regardless of the settings in the backend.

Can you please provide a fix as this is a must, Im sure you will agree and this feature is one of the major reasons we went with this plugin.

Thanks...

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello carl

Currently you do require student to properly answer all questions and you do not give student a chance to correct their answers if they are wrong. This means that you don't let student to progress from the "current step" unless that student correctly responds to all the questions and does that in "one go". If the student doesn't do this, that student clearly doesn't pass the part of the course which means that he/she will not be able to complete the course any way. It's actually equal to failing required assessment. So there's actually nothing to save - student failed all along, so to say. That's why there's the message that you reported and that's why the course can't be saved in such case.

That being said, I have asked our developers if there's a way to change it for you so that logic could be ignored and the "current state" of the course could be always saved, no matter what. Please keep an eye on this ticket and either I or one of my colleagues will update you here as soon as we get to know more on this from our developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi carl !

I'm not sure why this is not set like this by default. Even though the fix is a pretty simple change to a plugin file, I would recommend to go with a mu-plugin which I prepared till this is sorted in plugin. You can get the mu-plugin from:
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/2bdcea355b5d474ff224d66a4e4e89b6

and give it a try, by uploading it to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder (which you can create if it doesn't exist already).

Please let us know if you still can't go back to Course page when clicking on the Save Progress & Exit after inserting this mu-plugin.

Kind regards!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello carl

We can setup Panos code for you but that requires direct access to site install files, via FTP or cPanel. I see that support access to the site is not active any more as well and I'd need to be able to access the site to make sure that the plugin actually works and doesn't break anything on the site.

That said, could you provide me with FTP or cPanel access and site access credentials? I or Panos will install his plugin for you then.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password) or cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.