Coursepress certificates on bitnami AWS installation

Hi there,

Could you please let me know the prescribed solution for allowing certificate generation on a Bitnami Wordpress image on AWS installation?

When i try to generate certificates, i get this message:

TCPDF ERROR: Unable to create output file: wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/external/tcpdf/cache/carmento-1-302015100402257030.pdf

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Malkiat

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

First of all, please do not post the full URL of your files located on your server. These details could be used to hack your website. Always mask or remove the username and home directory. I have edited your original reply.

It seems there is issue with hosting. Please contact AWS and let us what they says.

I am also flagging developer of this plugin to get his valuable feedback on this matter as well. He will post a reply here as soon as possible.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi there @Malkiat,

Bitnami installs are quite specials with regards to files ownership and permissions.

Try running the following command via ssh:

$ sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon {your_full_path}/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/external/tcpdf/cache/
    $ sudo chmod -R 775 bitnami:daemon {your_full_path}/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/external/tcpdf/cache/

Please let us know if this solves the problem for you.

Cheers,
    José

• Louis van Senden
    • New Recruit

I have the same error, but I am able to access the image at the url http://training.metrocount.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/certificate.jpg

To get it to work I changed the url to a relative link. wp-content/uploads/2015/11/certificate.jpg

Would be great to see the certificate functionality improved...

Very clunky way to design a certificate having to complete the course and then trial and error with the layout generating a certificate over and over...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.