Coursepress class access not granted after customer purchase

Hey there, my client at dearhandmadelife.com has come to me twice now in the span of 2 weeks where a customer has purchased a coursepress class from their woocommerce based store, and after purchase was not able to access class and had to be added to it manually.

I have zero idea how to start troubleshooting why this is happening now when it's worked with no problem in the past. Client is antsy for a fix, I've granted support access on site backend.

Thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Steph,

So this problem is not showing all the time? Are you able to tell me what was status of the order in WooCommerce after they purchased those courses (is it possible that PayPal gateway did take more time to process payments?)? Can you leave in support message what clients had this problem?

Was is problem with course "Sketchbook Adventures Online Workshop" maybe? I'm asking because this one from all the courses does not have SKU.

Because this is live site I don't see option here to do full conflict test, so I would like you to enable debug mode in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If there will be another case of issue you described then there should be a trace in debug log, so then I will need to see that file (you can upload it to Dropbox like service and paste here link).

kind regards,
    Kasia