CoursePress comment notifications, send to the wrong person

I am having problems with the CoursePress comment notifications going to the user who initially imports the course. Since I have been importing courses to our subsites, I am getting copies of all of the notifications. I am wondering if I could change the user in the database and if so what table?

Ivan

Hi antKat !

Yes, you can change the user in the database. These records situated in posts table in post_author field. For getting all records you can try this query:
    SELECT * FROM {your_db_prefix}posts where post_type='discussions'
    Note: change {your_db_prefix} to your prefix of database ( it's wp_ by default ).
    Also, you can use the following code as MU plugin for disabling all notifications for comments

<?php
    add_filter('comment_notification_recipients', '__return_empty_array', 10, 2 );

Best regards,
    Ivan.

antKat

Hi Ivan,
    Thank you for your response. I am a little confused so hopefully you can clarify.
    I'm actually dealing with 2 issues with coursepress and perhaps they are related.
    1. I am creating pre-made courses and exporting them and then importing to other subsites who want them. What I really want to happen is that the original instructor (course owner) does not get exported. You have an option in the export section to include/exclude students but not instructors. When I then import the course to the subsite, the instructor from the exported site automatically becomes the "owner" of the course on the new subsite. For awhile I thought it was the user who imported the course, but since then, I have found that the instructor from the export is also imported. I then delete the original instructor as an "assigned" instructor but I believe this user is still connected to the course as the "owner". This may be why then I am also getting notifications for the course comments???

So it seems the ideal would be than there be an option to exclude the instructor at time of export.

In regards to the code for a mu-plugin, we DO WANT the instructors that are setup in the subsites to get notifications when class comments are made. I just do not want the original owner/instructor, which is me (also super admin, to also get notifications for every discussion taking place on the network. Any suggestions?

Ivan

Hi antKat !

Unfortunately, there is not a workaround for importing courses without instructors.
    I tested it on my test site and it seems, it should not send the notification to the previous instructor.

If you provide me with additional login credentials, I can look into it more.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Svyrskyi"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - link to the subsite
    - name imported course
    - previous instructor's email
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP/SFTP credentials