Coursepress course list use real pages (no shortcodes)

Hello, is it possible to have the course list (example: example/courses) become an actual page instead of a virtual pages. My theme is having conflict with virtual pages and there is no way to assign courses a page. I also don't want to use shortcodes. I just want courses to become an actual page instead of a virtual page. Thanks for the help!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jack,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

The Courses archive page isn't able to be assigned a page; however, I can mark that as a feature request. What is the virtual page doing with your theme? Perhaps we can help fix it for you :slight_smile:

First, I would try adding the archive-course.php file to your theme folder. The file is located via:

/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/archive-course.php

My other option would of been to use the shortcodes and create your own archive page you can link too; however, sounds like you would prefer not to do that?

Look forward to hearing back here Jack!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jack

Thanks for the quick response!

I made a quick page with the shortcodes but it doesn't look anything like the default layouts as it would be if I used the course press theme (also my css sucks).

I think putting the course page on an actual page is a great feature to have (I had the same trouble with another theme I have... the theme overrides the virtual pages).

I tried to do the archive-course.php but I don't know php so this isn't the best solution.

All in all I think having the course page become a page will be the best solution to the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jack,

Thanks for your reply!

Right now I just see a Synthesis hosting page on your site. What does your courses archive page look like by default? Or does it not show up at all?

We can definitely help you getting it working properly whether that be helping with some CSS or moving the archive-course.php into your theme folder :slight_smile: I would like to try this option first. We will need FTP and WP login in order to do that - you can send it in privately through our contact form:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I will mark up having a physical course page as a feature request as well :slight_smile:

Let us know what direction you want to go in the meantime here!

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.