Coursepress Email and certificate

Hello everyone

1-i notice that the registration email and enrollment confirmation does not send to the user email after register process .how to solve it ?

2- is there any way to let the certificate able to be printed after 1 month of user enrollment ?

thank you

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello abdul,

1-i notice that the registration email and enrollment confirmation does not send to the user email after register process .how to solve it ?

I can replicate this on your site, but I cannot on mine. I setup test site with CoursePress and MarketPress and got email just after signup to course.

Are other mails like password reset working on your site? if yes then please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

2- is there any way to let the certificate able to be printed after 1 month of user enrollment ?

Certificate can be seen only when student finished course, but I don't think there is time limit on how long this document is available for student (but I asked our developers to be 100% sure). Your students can't download their certificates after month after finishing course? Is that course still available?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi abdul,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

i am going to test the site as you said , but my site now live ,there are users too . i can't decacative plugins , my they use them . i am new to WordPress , i do not how to test while it is live

It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without performing a plugin/theme conflict test as mentioned above, to rule out whether there is any conflict. And it seems like the support access is not enabled too. Since it's a live site, I can understand that performing a conflict test can cause issue for your user, if possible please do give a try to it.

If you are not able to perform the conflict test, what you could do is enable debug mode, to troubleshoot this issue further. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try replicate the issue. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• abdul

[07-Oct-2016 01:18:15 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    SELECT s.name, s.value, t.value AS translation_value, t.status
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations t ON s.id = t.string_id
    WHERE s.context = 'theme mp'
    AND (t.language = 'en' OR t.language IS NULL)
    made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, MP_Products_Screen->init_metaboxes, MP_Products_Screen->init_product_price_inventory_variants_metabox, __, translate, apply_filters('gettext'), call_user_func_array, WordPress_language_class->icl_sw_filters_gettext, wp_trans_icl_t, wp_trans_cache_lookup
    [07-Oct-2016 01:19:56 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, MP_Products_Screen->init_metaboxes, MP_Products_Screen->init_product_price_inventory_variants_metabox, __, translate, apply_filters('gettext'), call_user_func_array, WordPress_language_class->icl_sw_filters_gettext, wp_trans_icl_t, wp_trans_cache_lookup
    [07-Oct-2016 01:20:52 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:20:52 UTC] PHP Notice: get_setting is deprecated since version 3.0! Use mp_get_setting instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
    [07-Oct-2016 01:20:52 UTC] PHP Notice: get_setting is deprecated since version 3.0! Use mp_get_setting instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
    [07-Oct-2016 01:21:57 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:22:49 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:22:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:22:53 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:22:53 UTC] PHP Notice: get_setting is deprecated since version 3.0! Use mp_get_setting instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
    [07-Oct-2016 01:22:53 UTC] PHP Notice: get_setting is deprecated since version 3.0! Use mp_get_setting instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
    [07-Oct-2016 01:23:43 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:23:49 UTC] PHP Notice: get_order is deprecated since version 3.0! Use MP_Order instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
    [07-Oct-2016 01:23:49 UTC] PHP Notice: get_order is deprecated since version 3.0! Use MP_Order instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707
    [07-Oct-2016 01:23:57 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:24:34 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    made by require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, MP_Products_Screen->init_metaboxes, MP_Products_Screen->init_product_price_inventory_variants_metabox, __, translate, apply_filters('gettext'), call_user_func_array, WordPress_language_class->icl_sw_filters_gettext, wp_trans_icl_t, wp_trans_cache_lookup
    [07-Oct-2016 01:24:35 UTC] PHP Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3891
    [07-Oct-2016 01:24:35 UTC] PHP Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home2/abdul/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3891
    [07-Oct-2016 01:24:41 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:24:53 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s
    [07-Oct-2016 01:25:10 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'abdul_wrdp1.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist for query
    FROM wp_icl_strings s

• Nithin

Hi abdul,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your debug.log file, I'm afraid there isn't any error related to the plugin that could be causing this issue. But I do notice some database error, related to your WPML plugin, and also we cannot rule out the possibility of a plugin conflict. I do understand, it's a live site but please do let us if you are comfortable performing a plugin/theme conflict test.

Could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look, and check whether it helps in troubleshooting this issue further.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi abdul,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and checked your settings. It seems like some other plugin is adding features (like Tabs Responsive Shortcode, Add Contact Form etc.) above the email content box. So I think, plugin conflict could give us valuable insight to troubleshoot this issue.

As you said "my site now live ,there are users too . i can't decacative plugins , my they use them", so is it possible for you to create an exact clone of the current instance in a staging site/server? Then you can do the plugin conflict test there and try to find out if this is happening for any other plugin. To know how you can create a staging environment, can you please check these articles?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cloner/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-staging-environment/

Please let us know the result of plugin conflict test if you can successfully create a staging environment. If you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point, feel free to ping us. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello abdul,

Huh. I would like to check one more thing - I've seen few times on forum that problems with email sending were solved by using SMTP plugin - even if those were similar when some mails were send and some not. Could you try using one of those plugins
    - https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/
    - https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/
    and see if this will make any change?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.