CoursePress enhancement: Progress and completion permitted with wrong answer

It appears that course progress is defined as "successful completion" of a task, or in the case of CoursePress, a question, but we have a use case where we would like to require 1 attempt and 100% accuracy to receive credit, yet show progress through the course. The enhancement request is to allow progress to be determined based on completion, not necessarily just successful completion.

• Patrick

Hi there @Ryan Hale

I hope you're having a great day!

Unless I am misunderstanding your question, what you are asking for is a very common scenario, and is already built-into the plugin.

To allow students to progress through a unit/course while requiring an answer, yet not requiring that they actually provide the correct answer, simply uncheck "User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments" in the Unit settings.

Also be sure to check "Mandatory Answer" and "Limit Attempts" and set the latter to "1".

Please do correct me if I have misinterpreted your question. :slight_smile:

• Ryan Hale

Thanks Patrick, but I'm thinking that may not be exactly what I'm getting at. That box actually is unchecked in the course (see first screenshot), but yet, even with that box unchecked, the % complete is still showing incorrectly (second screenshot). It appears that this may be due to the Minimum Grade Required setting for the question being set to something like 100%, but if you only have 1 attempt, you can never actually increase your progress percentage. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.