CoursePress: I cannot change Unit Sections title and Sections does not show on site

When I try to edit the Unit Section's title. I got a message that this was saved after I hit "Save Whole Units" button.
After refresh the title is still the old one. Also, those Sections are not showing on the site.

• Dimitris

Hello there Ryan,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I just tried to edit one section title in the "Marketing" unit in this course
    https://training.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=30&action=edit&tab=units
    and I didn't experienced anything like that...

Is this still occuring in your end?

If so, am I missing something here? Have you tried to do so via an incognito window instead from your end? Please advise!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Ryan

Ok, I did a full site restore and rebuilt the rest of the course. However, I experienced this problem again.

Here is a description of what I experienced:
    1. In an existing course with one section, I inadvertently clicked the new section + button.
    2. I deleted the accidentally created section.
    3. Upon reloading the page, the first sections title and description disappeared.
    4. I tried to retype the missing information and save but upon reload the section reverted back to "1" and the title was blank.
    5. In addition, the now corrupt section is not accessible from the front end. Click the next button from the course header page does nothing.

Another interesting side effect of this issue is that in the course editor, the Visual text editor now displays the HTML and the Text editor displays encoded and escaped HTML. Weird!

I have tried to recreate and record this issue, but it took a few tries to get the same behavior to display so my apologies for the long video.

Here is a link to the video:
    https://droneascent.com/WPMU/courseissue.mp4

The only solution I found to resolve this is to completely rebuild the course as a new course from scratch. I tried creating a new section and copying the content over and also tried copying the course but the issue persisted.

I have also tried different browsers in incognito and private modes, but no change.

• Dimitris

Hello there Ryan,

I've made some more tests in a local site of mine, but I was still unable to reproduce such state.
    I can see in your testing course though, after inspecting with browser's dev tools, that there're some mixed-content errors.
    Could you please install a plugin like Really Simple SSL which should help you overcome these and try again in CoursePress edit units screen?

Ok, I did a full site restore and rebuilt the rest of the course. However, I experienced this problem again.

I wonder what other changes did you make after site restoration, before getting the same issue again... is this also happening with a specific course, or is this on-going with all courses? Please advise!

Another interesting side effect of this issue is that in the course editor, the Visual text editor now displays the HTML and the Text editor displays encoded and escaped HTML. Weird!

This seems like some HTML markup was saved in the "Visual" editor instead of the "Text" one.
    Please make sure when you add HTML, to always use the "Text" editor.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.