CoursePress import issue with WPAllImport

I use WpAllImport Pro to import the courses to my site, so to upload for example the start date, the max size of the class… etc I should detect custom fields, and all works, but not the instructors, the only field I get is cp_instructors, but this is the old labels of the coursepress plugin(of the version 1.0) I have the 2.0 version.

I mean, all the fields are duplicated, for example, startdate and cp_startdate, the labels with cp_ are the oldest ones, I can’t use them because they affect nothing in the course, but in the case of instructors, I get cp_instructors but not instructors or course_instructor.

And I detect the fields, in cp_instructor I have instructors with ID’s, but if I import to that field it doesn’t change anything because it is the old version plugin label.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Carlos !

Hope you are having a great day!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I was able to replicate the issue in a test site of ours. Honestly, this is very odd because the built-in CoursePress Pro export/import tool works just as expected.

I have escalated this issue to our Second Level Support team. They’ll be back to us with clues, workarounds, and fixes (if possible) for now in this ticket (or we’ll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the Second Level Support team might be a bit delayed than that of the general Support staff. We really appreciate your patience regarding this. Until then, I’d request you to give the built-in CoursePress Pro Import/Export tool a try in your WordPress Dashboard->CoursePress Pro->Export and WordPress Dashboard->CoursePress Pro->Import.

However, as this is a compatibility issue with a third party plugin, we cannot assure a workaround from our end just yet without investigation. Our Second Level Support team will look if there’s anything on our end that can be changed to get these two plugins to work better together. But if it is something that cannot be done from our end, you might need to consider custom development. We really appreciate your consideration regarding this.

Kind regards,

Nahid

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Carlos ,

Probably some meta of the course have not been selected to export and import. But that message is not the man issue here. Coursepress’ fields are pretty complex for an import/export tool to handle, as it has 3 hierarchical cpts, courses have units and units have modules. Each cpt has also several post meta and contain information of parent cpt, which makes it hard to map if importing it separately.

I did try with WP All Export, but I didn’t find any way to include child cpts, as the only option is to check 1 cpt.

I think safest bet would be to export and import using CoursePress’ built in option.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.