CoursePress Install. Fatal Error

Hi,
After multiple tickets being opened for what I believe to primarily being issues with my site being hosted on an IIS box I decided to move hosts. I was strongly lead to believe, from responses given in my previous tickets, that the would resolve most, if not all, of my issues.

I installed WPMUDev dashboard, hummingbird defender and CoursePress. This didn't go particularly smoothly. During the installing of the plugins the connection kept reporting a timeout error. I believed this may have been caused by too much traffic so waited a few hours and went back and reinstalled.

After the reinstall I have the following issues:
1) Hummingbird is unable to write to the .htaccess file (host has assured me this file should be writeable).
2) CoursePress has caused a fatal error and I am unable to access any part of the site.

I won't lie here, the overall experience I am receiving is terrible from this product and I sincerely hope that the finished result is worth all the effort and hoops I am having to jump through to get a, vey basic, website setup using your products.

The new site is currently accessible at ubgad.hosts.cx until the DNS changes are put in place (I don't have any plans on doing this until ALL my issues are resolved and the website is completed).

Please see attached image of error being received after installing course press.

• Vaughan

Hi Mike,

Hope you're well?

Apologies for the issues you are having.

That particular error happens because you are using PHP version older than 5.5

An update is going to be released shortly to tackle this for those using an old PHP version.

However, you can fix it by uploading the patched file in the attached zip.

Download and unzip the attached zip to your desktop.

Then upload the file class-coursetemplate.php file to the following location using FTP or your servers CPanel filemanager.

/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/shortcode/

This should fix the error for you.

Alternatively, you could ask your webhost to update PHP to at least the latest 5.6.x version (Which would be recommended anyway)

Hope this helps

• mike

Hi Team,

I am not currently having this issue with course press, and PHP has been updated to V7.0

I am experiencing issues with hummingbird as follows:
    1) it is intermittently reporting that it is unable to return any results from the performance tests:
    2) Browser caching is not working properly, my host has advised that the expires module is enabled.
    3) G-Zip compression is not working properly, my host has advised that the deflate module is enabled (and the only plugins currently activated are WPMU Dev plugins and Cornerstone by theme. Disabling cornerstone did not resolve this issue.

Can you advise how I can resolve these?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.